MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Straline 32 Winchester Special Brass

Moderator Emeritus

Straline 32 Winchester Special Brass

Received my notification from Starline that the 32 Winchester brass was available for backorder at 10:44 am yesterday. Because of snow, etc I did not check my email till 9:30 pm last night. Gone already with no ability to backorder. Wow.

Boolit Master

I just form mine from 30 30.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I just form mine from 30 30.
    Same here for my brother.

Moderator Emeritus

I sent Starline an email telling them about the snow storm. Got an email a lil bit ago telling me they would be opening it up today for backorder. It is up and I just placed a backorder.
    Ron

Boolit Man
    Thank you.

Boolit Master
    Yep it's very hot or miss trying to find brass for the oldies. I had a Notification Request in at MidwayUSA for 32-20 but never got an email, found the brass available by accidentally checking it out on the website. Quantity was limited to 2 packs of 100 and it sold out in a few hours.

I agree with having actual 32 Win Special head stamped brass rather than converting 30-30. Especially if you have a rifle for both. They look so similar that it's too easy to mix them up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    Yep it's very hot or miss trying to find brass for the oldies. I had a Notification Request in at MidwayUSA for 32-20 but never got an email, found the brass available by accidentally checking it out on the website. Quantity was limited to 2 packs of 100 and it sold out in a few hours.

I agree with having actual 32 Win Special head stamped brass rather than converting 30-30. Especially if you have a rifle for both. They look so similar that it's too easy to mix them up.
    I had to laugh at that-- I have some 30-30 that I use in my 32 WS, and one day recently I made the mistake of shooting both rifles in the same range trip then tossing all the cases in my tumbler. After they were clean I realized they were all Remington cases. I spent time that evening in front of the TV with a micrometer measuring the diameter of the as-fired case mouths and sorting into two piles.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    I had to laugh at that-- I have some 30-30 that I use in my 32 WS, and one day recently I made the mistake of shooting both rifles in the same range trip then tossing all the cases in my tumbler. After they were clean I realized they were all Remington cases. I spent time that evening in front of the TV with a micrometer measuring the diameter of the as-fired case mouths and sorting into two piles.
    That makes the pain of separating 45 ACP SPP and LPP seem fun I bet! I recently relearned NOT to put 40 S&W in the tumbler with 45 ACP or 45 Colt as they will find their way inside the two larger cases and get stuck with media locking them in place. Amazingly quite a few went through the full-length size die without me catching what was going on. The flash holes were aligning. It was the expanding die that ratted out the 45's that still had a 40 hiding inside. Lesson to self, don't put everything in the tumbler at once!

I have 15 pieces mixed rp and win headstamps

How much 32spcl brass are you looking for?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    How much 32spcl brass are you looking for?
    I'm good, thanks. I was looking to grab some for my future needs which is why I didn't mind the backorder- for now.
    Ron

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I'm good, thanks. I was looking to grab some for my future needs which is why I didn't mind the backorder- for now.
    Ron
    Smart to stock up while you can. There are a lot of calibers that applies to in today's world.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Yeah, having dies and a lifetime supply of brass makes all the difference in the world for the oddball cartridges. If you have those two items, it doesn't matter if it's the only gun on earth that shoots that cartridge. Take it a step further and have a bullet mold for it and you are totally independent. And if you were to ever decide to sell the gun, having all that brass could make the difference in finding a buyer or not. This is why I bought 1,100 new Starline 32 Speciaal cases on different gunbroker auctions in the months shortly after buying the rifle.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 35 Rem View Post
    Yeah, having dies and a lifetime supply of brass makes all the difference in the world for the oddball cartridges. If you have those two items, it doesn't matter if it's the only gun on earth that shoots that cartridge. Take it a step further and have a bullet mold for it and you are totally independent. And if you were to ever decide to sell the gun, having all that brass could make the difference in finding a buyer or not. This is why I bought 1,100 new Starline 32 Speciaal cases on different gunbroker auctions in the months shortly after buying the rifle.
    I try and pick up extra brass and magazines, depending on what I bought. I like to have at least four mags extra. Have had a few times where it was a pain to try and get mags or brass after a few years.