Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: The Lee 420 Melter

The Lee 420 Melter

I guess that many of us started out with what we could afford and I chose the Lee 420 Pro Melter i HAD THE OTHER LEE furnace its the Lee PRODUCTION POT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF IT CAN HOLD 10 POUNDS OF MOLTEN LEAD I THINK OH I AM NOT SUR IT DONE GOOD BUT I LIKE THE 420 BETTER I BOUGHT ME A BRAND NEW ONE AND I USED IT TWICE AND THE FIRE DESTROIED EVERYTHING MY REVOLVER I SAVED UP FOR IT WAS THE TRADITIOINS PIETTA 1858 REMINGTON NEW ARMY BUFFALO/BISON 12" BBL BRASSED FRAMED AND IT SHOT SO VERY WELL I MISS MY GUNS AND CASTING MY OWN BULLETS gUYS ALL WE CAN DO IS JUST GET RIGHT BACK UP AND DUST MYSELF OFF AND START ALL OVER God sapred me & my son his feet were burned from the tiles melting from the heat he almost didn't make it buy by the grace of God he isstill living thingscan be replaced aand it will take time guys i have always enjoyed this forum and all of the knowledge is flowing like a river

Boolit Grand Master
    trapper444, I am sorry to hear of your fire. Glad to hear that you and your son will recover.

As I have said many times, "Things can be replaced, people can't."

Robert

Boolit Grand Master

Casting balls is easy to do out of a small steel or cast iron pot and a yard sale camp stove. You can be back in the game for considerably less than the cost of an electric furnace.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

trapper444 so very sorry to here of the fire and injury to your son. No doubt you have way more pressing issues than casting some bullets, like your home, your work area and everything reloading.

Wishing you all my best and will look forward to your getting back in the game.
    Last edited by oley55; 01-20-2024 at 09:13 PM.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your loss but I’m glad you and your son made it out. I lost everything in a fire about 9 years ago. God always sees us through.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator