Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mec vs. forester co-ax

Boolit Buddy
    The MEC is cheaper if that matters to you. I really like mine. I like the die storage platforms on it. They are more handy than I thought they would be. I also like the mount bracket. It is a very solid setup. And I will probably get mounts for my other presses. I really like this press and prefer it over my Rockchucker and my Redding Big Boss 2.

PORTHO said it; all my RCBS presses are old school made here in america and remain tight and true to the point of making excellant ammo. For years I bought seldom used Rockchuckers at gun shows keeping the good ones for myself and my Kids...cast iron baby!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by porthos View Post
    thanks george; you have made up my mind!!
    It is indeed wonderful that you sought out advice from (hopefully) folks who have, and used both presses. A bonus I did not mention vis the MES is it comes with a metal set of trays you may have at top for placing whatever. Trying very hard to find anything I can not give 110% to this press is I have knocked them off a good many times. My solution was to put a drop or two of contact cement on, and they have stayed with the press. While at it, I contact cemented four tiny rare earth magnets going about the outside of each -- one each at front, and two on each outside-- which are the "cat's meow" for Allen wrenches!
    I do hope you have as much glee with this press as I have experienced using mine. What were my "major" (non-pistol (Dillon 550b)) presses, I have honestly NOT used at all in maybe two years.
    geo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12