Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heritage 22 Revolver

Boolit Master

interesting thread as I have not heard about the wrangler or the heritage. The thread did remind me of my J.C. Higgins .22 9-shot revolver, with aluminum frame. Not the finest revolver I have but good enough to hit tin cans at a respectable distance....and it was inexpensive.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Yes, an interesting thread, I too own a Heritage RR. In fact, two of them and a Wrangler and a pair of single-sixes and a H&R.
    None really get used as they were intended, the Wrangler has seen more action of late but not for any particular reason.
    As too shooting them, I generally have better luck with the 6.5" RR.
    Not sure why or how, just an observation I've made over the past couple years.
    Back last month the grandson and I were out walking and I popped this little guy much to the delight of him.
    He was probably only about 13, 14 yds away.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Really, my biggest gripe about the HRR is that, instead of just copying the Ruger transfer bar (which would be both safer and more convenient) they went with that goofy safety lever. You have to remember to turn it back to safe or it's just as dangerous as an SAA in terms of firing when dropped. If it had a transfer bar and I got it for under a c-note, I could see getting a birdshead HRR with cute grips for my wife.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I like my heritage but that goofy safety lever made me crazy-- so I filed it down to the shape of the frame. blued it and added a little spot of paint to tell me when it was in the fire position. It still works but doesn't get in the way
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240117_173725.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	322308
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    In my experience they are cheaply made economy revolver.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    I like my heritage but that goofy safety lever made me crazy-- so I filed it down to the shape of the frame. blued it and added a little spot of paint to tell me when it was in the fire position. It still works but doesn't get in the way
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240117_173725.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	322308
    Wow, that looks really good. I deactivated the key lock on my S&W 637 by filing off the nub that catches the hammer and also the word "locked" on it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I had a heritage that was so bad that the bullets were going through the target sideways at 30 feet, when they even hit the paper!. I sent it back to them. When it came back, it would at least keep them on the paper at that distance and went through point first. It still wasn't even close to "accurate". Today I have a wrangler. "nuff said".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12