MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 38 Special: The Wet Fart Chronicles

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled bullet View Post
    Hey I followed your advice and it worked! The brass came out looking even better! That's what I did with this most recent batch of 300 Blackout brass. There was only hot water, Turtle Wax wash and wax 1/2 cup, several pounds stainless steel pins and 3 hours of tumbling.
    Great! Some loads need more soap, some less, you’ll get a feel for it over time. If I want guaranteed great results I replace the wash water with new water and soap after 30 min. I think when I’ve got brass with a lot of lube on it the soap gets depleted and then no amount of tumbling will get the brass clean.

This is approximately 1,000 38 special cartridge casings tumbled in the large wet fart machine. I used one cup of the wash and wax mixture and several pounds of stainless steel pins and then topped it off with the hottest tap water. I ran it for 3 hours then I dumped them into this plastic bucket, and move the casings around to separate the soap out in the sink.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Recycled bullet View Post
    This is approximately 1,000 38 special cartridge casings tumbled in the large wet fart machine. I used one cup of the wash and wax mixture and several pounds of stainless steel pins and then topped it off with the hottest tap water. I ran it for 3 hours then I dumped them into this plastic bucket, and move the casings around to separate the soap out in the sink.
    There seems to be a partial primer cup in one of the cases in the middle of the pic.

Boolit Master
    They look great.
    You can probably cut the soap down by 50% or even 75%.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234