Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Aselkon MX-10 in 22cal

Boolit Buddy

Aselkon MX-10 in 22cal

Yep. Another turkish made gun... true that. Thing is, Aselkon.. they attempted to market the thing in a few "waves". N to be honest.. kind of crashed n burned in first - if you know what i mean.

The thing here is.. Them turkish made guns have a rep thatīs.. shall we call it "varying"? Just a few yrs back the build Q left something to be desired to be blunt aaaaaaand.. this MX-10 is one of those.
    Bought it for about a song at a local auction and then albeit put up as used.. not so. Brand new in box, and these things indeed come in a hardcase. Incl the "normal" bag of extra o-rings down to even a bottle of silikon oil.
    To add insult to injury, as you open that hardcase up the thing really looks the part. But oh...

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/***qzQYJ/1.jpg[/IMG]

So? What are the specs, what IS an Aselkon MX-10? Welp.. in short a 22cal regulated bullpup that rides in a turkish walnut stock sporting 550mm worth of barrel.
    In short the essence is there for a performer to be quite honest.. n indeed.. crashed n burned in first.

Donīt get me wrong, cause as many of you "regulars" are aware.. we kind of can make anything into a well working reliable screamer.
    New.
    Yeah. Might be, but the thing wouldnīt hold air right why i of course ripped the unit apart and.. this there is the stock valve n poppet. Sealing surface on the poppet looked like it had seen like 20k hits

Hm.

All said n done thereīs of course common nomers no matter which or what PCP, of course there is.. and this Aselkon no different. The stock hammer spring left some to be desired for performance use why i added one, this mainly as it hands a spring setup that gets.. how shall i put this.? More "soft n usable" than when running a singular stiffer unit.
    In turn the margin of adjustment for it.. it sure needs more. Point here being that i for one at least find that hammer spring is a very viable, and indeed functional, manner in which to adjust power why this Aselkon in my opinion came up WAY to short in that dept.
    Well well..

Right. So youīve seen me pull this stunt before. As the stock valve setup was shot, on a new gun mind you, i said.. to hell with it lets fab a setup that i KNOW to work.
    So yep.. same poppet material iīve used many a time by now and in turn.. yep. A 2mm poppet spindle.
    Thing is, this IS a good move and to be honest seeing what hardened 2mm axle material costs.. i kind of have a hard time taking to heart why this isnīt done more often by the mans.
    I really do.
    In another post here on that wonderful "airgun cane" we see an option to going that 2mm route which is using a balanced valve. Balanced valves are most certainly an option but the main issue with them is that the "span" of adjustment becomes rather limited.
    The whole point of a 2mm spindle for the poppet in liason with a poppet head not of greater diameter than needed make for VERY reduced forces acting on the poppet, handing us (IMO at least) the best of two worlds really.
    No. The use of a poppet on a 2mm spindle does NOT hold true "for performance use only" but can just as well be used for instance to keep hammer spring force needed at bay, handing us a cocking action of the gun that becomes butter smooth.
    Other end of the spectrum it CAN certainly be used to up performance and as long as you dimension the parts involved to take the heat.. It simply works so well itīs an absolute joke.
    For those of you not all thumbs looking into this.. just do it and be done with it already. I 100% guarantee, you will NEVER look back.
    Yes.
    It works THAT well, hence why i state that i have a hard time understanding why not more mans use this stunt.
    Anyways..

Them loud? Yes, anything but "backyard friendly" by any measure. Thus a moderator is the LEAST itīll take! That being said, uhu.. it IS one good looking unit IMO.

However. Build quality really IS so-so. Itīs that simple, why there hasnīt been ONE thing iīve left well enough alone. Even the skeleton picatinny structure for the love a gawd..
    Uhu. Clamping.. yadda yadda but the truth of the matter is that itīs just a cast aluminium piece theyīve friggin DRENCHED in two comp paint..n thus not ONE flat level to work from. *sighs*
    Last edited by Racing; 01-12-2024 at 08:56 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Loud. Indeed. A friggin "poser" cause even the shroud is for looks only.. what WERE they thinking!?! So yep, cut a diffusor for it, of course on a minimal through hole for a 22.
    At that rate used the stock shroud and run "filler" too. Yes. It certainly helps no doubt. Cutting the aluminium diffusor aīla FX concept, mainly as i know it to work n work well.
    Just with material kept to add a 1/2-20UNF thread up front for a moderator, which it ALSO needs no doubt.
    Silent in operation is good, we enjoy n like silent.. No need what so ever for a PCP to be noisy IMO..

Well.

As that diffusor moved the shroud forwards a new rear bung was needed, so turned that on the lathe and added a M3 set screw to keep it in place. That being said due the proximity between shroud n barrel.. well that kind of made that the stock rather half *ssed diameter was to be kept. Is what it is, but truth be told.. ample room for growth regardless.

Huh?

Yeah. Performance.

This a regulated gun of course brings a.. regulator. As was i had exit speeds all OVER the *amn map.. which was traced to the thing not even being torqīd together. *again a massive sigh*
    What can i say?
    Build quality as stated, or more the lack thereof i guess. Indeed one of the former generation turkish guns n take my word for this (will get to that in a couple of other posts upcoming)... things have CHANGED. BIG time.
    This MX-10 tho.. not so much.

Disappointed?
    Nah. Not really. Per always you get what you pay for n.. it kind of is what it is. Thus the summary as far as this unit (and other Aselkons of the era) if you instead of that "bling" first impression take to heart that what you pick out of that hardcase is raw material to "process" into a well working gun.. i guess thatīll be a more correct approach really.
    But.. getting ahead of myself here.

That reg.. bolted it together and put the thing as a whole back together.. now reg pressure had dropped like a friggin STONE but then again on the other hand.. just empty the thing and do reasonable assumptions adjusting the reg n soon enough.. yep.
    So i set the thing to 160 bar and tried the piece out. Indeed did the trick, now i had a SD as well as ES on single digits at least. All good.

Hooooooooowever..
    Yeah. As per most other regulated European made PCPīs of the era plenum volume was dire lacking. Sure. I experienced that power did NOT jump as i expected and.. as iīm lazy what i did was rob my Reximex Zone of itīs by me added plenum chamber on 145ccīs.. which is ample, and then some.
    Yeah.
    Not glorious, ok. I came to sorts of a stonewall at approx 65J and thatīs it. Still havenīt made that change AT the given reg pressure and will thus need to look into this further.
    Sure.
    Increase reg to 190 and weīre seeing 90J in a heartbeat itīs just.. That shouldnīt be needed.

Boolit Buddy

Right. The trigger. As most other bullpups this MX-10 is no different. Uses a rod that runs from the trigger blade back to the trigger group. For some moronic reason this isnīt adjustable at ALL.
    Why that is, no idea what so ever. Trigger group even sports a piece of axle that an adjustment screw on the actual sear can be made to work on. Which i of course then did, which in essence just transformed the gun in short.
    One minescule little piece of M3 allen stoppie.. HELLO!!!

Yeah. And thereīs a "spring retention plate" on that trigger group that simply needed a hole drilled to be able to adjust sear engagement. Why this isnīt done stock, seeing how little thatīs actually is involved, is beyond me but hey... thatīs just me.

This done tho.. nah. Not a "match trigger" by any measure but at least a very usable such. Clean break playing around with said allen M3 a little.. and in turn a decent two stage jobbie.
    First stage spring tension by a spring on that actuating rod running from the blade back to the trigger group, and pre tension simple enough to set by simply moving a lock washer of sorts back n forth on said piece of rod. That lock being the stock job.
    All in all with an absolute minimum effort thus a really decent trigger.. albeit as stated by no means a "match" ditto (as in a spring weighed n counterbalanced setup).

In an effort to figure out what THIS pieceīll take i fooled around LOADS with hammer spring load as well as weight. The stock hammer being a rather heavy unit and a hardened such to boot i came to anneal the thing and then cut into it, bringing hammer weight down rather severe.
    Hence the brass "add ons".
    Where i was at i could basically alter hammer weight between, now, 45 grams all the way up to 78 grams... Issue tho is, the piece simply doesnīt respond as it should - in net power out the snout.

Something fishy is going on here and iīm yet to figure out what.

In contrast to most other cheaper turkish offerings this MX actually sports a spring loaded probe. As such i came to modify the piece to make sure that the pin probe was on the correct length, as well as the main body not protruding into the transfer port on the barrel and what not.
    Uhu.
    Have really tossed n turned the stones involved but am STILL not getting the performance out of this thing i expect.

However.

That being said it seems that 550mm worth of barrel is on a 1:16 twist and at that with a rather well working choke. What this brings is that the thing is about just as accurate using pellets as 218" Knock out slugs.
    Fact is, it is THE thing making for me not giving up on the piece cause cheap or not it SHOOTS very very very well. Weīre talking one ragged, stacked, hole for 10-20 shots @ 30m which in my book makes it worth the effort.
    On the rats sheīs downright murder. Sheīs THAT accurate. Just place the cross hairs as needed and work that, now, rather pleasant trigger.. and weīve got a rat belly up.

So yeah.
    Where weīre at i just use the thing, at 65J mind you, but make no mistake.. for peace of mind i NEED to get to the bottom of why it wonīt hand me the goods as i expect it to.
    So expect me to post here.. as i revisit this.

Aselkons?
    Sure. If youīre not all thumbs and have a little time to spare. Sure. Money? Nah. Not really, it just comes down to spare time, and this thing craves LOADS of it in stock form.

(Btw. Yeah. That Picatinny/trigger blade mount setup? Clamped to the main tube? Yeah. Even turned bungs to work as dead stops to not overtighten that thing... geez...)

Accurate piece?
    Yes.
    Very.

..so.. to be continued.

Boolit Buddy
    I mention that "all is not well in the state of Denmark".
    Ie; it seems some down in Turkey has caught the drift and got their *ss in gear.
    Yes.

So as sorts of a teaser, hereīs the Reximex Meta Premium in 25cal.
    Sporting a 90cc plenum and 700mm barrel right out of the box, and said box that said.. is what itīs placed on.
    Yes, the thingīs even got wheels to drag the whole thing along..

Thing here is, i just bought me yet an FX Impact in 25cal, just this time out an M3. Ie; the latest version.
    Thing is?
    Yeah. Build Q of this Rex is right up there, let me assure you. Just like.. half the hang tag.

But. Working on it as of current and will get back to you on this piece. Call it a cliff hanger if you wish...
    Uhu.
    This one IS it. It really is.

That Aselkon looks very much like a Benjamin Akela which I believe is just a bullpupped Cayden.
    Have had a Cayden a few months now and aside from being HEAVY and LOUD I really like.
    Maybe the Turks have upped their game as you suggest because this thing has been a pleasure to shoot right out of the box,
    A little trigger tweak and it is really nice.

Boolit Grand Master
    Enjoy your reports/builds. I have no knowledge or skill to tear into a PCP but you do.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Thx.
    All said guys the "development" of the Turkish made guns in GENERAL.. not so much.

It works like this in THIS case tho..
    Kral and Reximex has the same owners. Due this, by natural causes, they "lend" stuff from each other but beyond any doubt the Reximex brand is the "noodling around and see what comes out the other end" brand.

Now.
    Reximex is a rather young man of PCPīs but that said iīd STILL want to divide what they produce into "before n after" Meta.

Albeit guns like the Daystar, the Throne (incl Gen 2) and so forth are neat guns.. the Meta and now the NYX is next level, and it shows.
    Cause see, by pure chance i got into an about brand new NYX in 25cal too.

These two are more of "chassis guns" that are obviously CNC made, and it shows. Parts fit is on a different level vs for instance the Throne (or any other Turkish made gun for that matter).

But yeah. I guess that thread i promised on the Meta is due.. so heads up guys.