Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATV for plowing snow?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    I wonder if an ATV could make snow-piles of any height? Years back I used a Wheel Horse garden tractor equipped with a plow, and -- with tire chains -- I could PUSH a ton of the white stuff, but -- maybe my lack of technique? -- it wasn't too good at making piles of it -- 'specially the wet, heavy stuff. Then came the Kubota BX25d....Attachment 322019Attachment 322020
    I use a technique as I have limited snow storage space. Early in the season, I pack the snow with the ATV and kind of build a ramp with that packed snow going toward where I want the pile to grow to. So, like a bulldozer pushing gravel/soil up a hill, my Honda is able to push snow up the hard pack snow ramp. One year, I built a pile as high as 12 feet, sadly I don't have a photo of that one. The photo below the pile is about 8 feet.

Attachment 322034
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    I use a technique as I have limited snow storage space. Early in the season, I pack the snow with the ATV and kind of build a ramp with that packed snow going toward where I want the pile to grow to. So, like a bulldozer pushing gravel/soil up a hill, my Honda is able to push snow up the hard pack snow ramp. One year, I built a pile as high as 12 feet, sadly I don't have a photo of that one. The photo below the pile is about 8 feet.

Attachment 322034
    yup mine look like that. Just need to start a ramp. But to save time I cheat with the backhoe when the piles get to big to push back.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

I'm a little north of the twin cities and missed that big snow storm that hit southern Minnesota and went east past Wisconsin. I have a 6 foot snow blower that connects by 3 piont to a Farmall but it's slow compared to the ATV with a snow blade. I found the ATV is great up to 5-6 inches depending how wet the snow is or if there's ice on top. It's a fuel injected 450 Suzuki.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

-35C to -40C here the past few days. Not interested in blowing, shoveling, or plowing snow.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12