Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultraviolet detection?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    UV vision by animals is nonsense. There is NO natural source of UV light on this planet! Therefore NO reason for any animal to 'see' it. Now, UV light will cause some materials to fluoresce, emitting VISIBLE light. Absorbed UV (from the sun) is converted to IR (heat). Plants develop flavonoids to act as absorbing sunscreen to UV as the plants DON'T need or want it. So there is NOT even any reflection of UV from plants for the animals to see. Visible light is REFLECTED and that is 99% of what WE see (outside - to avoid any argument). There is enough visible light for animals to see to find NORTH and when to nap.
    Science claims Ultraviolet (UV) is a form of electromagnetic radiation with wavelength shorter than that of visible light, but longer than X-rays. UV radiation is present in sunlight, and constitutes about 10% of the total electromagnetic radiation output from the Sun.

UV lights damages plastics and various other substances. It is what caused skin to tan and skin cancer.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

I do not know what a deer sees mostly movement . HOWEVER when my game camera caught me in the dark my camo hunting coat glowed like it was white . Washing in a UV killing soap and the coat no longer looks that way on the trail cam.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Eh, maybe they like the odor coming out of the dryer vent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12