Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Holster CZ 75 compact open carry?

Boolit Mold

Holster CZ 75 compact open carry?

Been looking for a good but budget open carry Holster. CZ 75 compact PCR ? Right hand OWB carry.

Im in a Real American State so I can open carry everywhere

Ideas?

I hope I posted in the proper area

Boolit Buddy
    I've used a MYHOLSTER pancake with thumbsnap for several years. It's worked well but I don't know that they make them anymore with a thumbsnap. Bianchi pancakes work well also.

Boolit Mold
    I have a couple simply rugged pancake for single action revolvers. I dont like how they squeeze the gun tight against your hip in the holster and are uncomfortable and hard draw and re holster

Boolit Mold

Boolit Man
    The 1791 Gunleather holsters are some of the best made at very good prices.

Windy West Texas, between the rocks, and the trees.
    Gun leather is like underwear: boxer briefs, boxers, tighty-whities... Depends on what One prefers.

Having said that, I am very pleased with my Falco cross draw driving holsters (yes: plural). Side arm is easily accessed, the rig doesn't interfere with driving my pickup or tractor (doesn't hang up in the armrest on the tractor seat) and, depending on the size of the side arm, is way more comfortable than One would expect. (Size: my rig for my Colt New Service IS a bit bulky!).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross-draw-leather-gun-holster.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	321944
    Rights, and Privileges, are not synonymous. We have the Right to Bear Arms. As soon as the Government mandates firearm registration, and permiting, then that Right becomes a Privilege, and may be taken away at our Master's discretion.

Boolit Master
    My compact guns were always more comfortable to me in a pancake. PPK, SP101, etc. Larger stuff (HK VP9, Colt Commander, etc) I like a more std hip holster. The old Askins Avenger was a good pattern. I can't say what brand cause I make my own.

Boolit Master

If budget is a concern, look at Kydex holsters. I used to turn my nose up at them, until I bought one for temporary use on a new pistol. Now I'm a fan.
    Remember: Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Boolit Grand Master
    The CZ 75 PCR is slightly thicker that the Compact, at least, according to the CZ website. Consequently, you may have a bit of difficulty finding a well fitted holster. I would steer clear of leather and look at a Kydex rig, though I personally don't care for them. They are functional and work well, at least in moderate temperatures. I have heard of them cracking in extreme cold.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    I have this pistol and for years have carried in an OWB crossbreed snap slide with sweat guard and combat cut. To verify the post 9 the cz75B is loose in it.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    The CZ 75 PCR is slightly thicker that the Compact, at least, according to the CZ website. Consequently, you may have a bit of difficulty finding a well fitted holster. I would steer clear of leather and look at a Kydex rig, though I personally don't care for them. They are functional and work well, at least in moderate temperatures. I have heard of them cracking in extreme cold.
    Is the PCR slightly thicker because it's lighter alloy frame ? Id assume.....

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty Boolit View Post
    I have this pistol and for years have carried in an OWB crossbreed snap slide with sweat guard and combat cut. To verify the post 9 the cz75B is loose in it.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/p...e-owb-holster/

Hmmm... possible ...... Looks a-bit bulky / large though

What is all the differents of the "drop slide" to the "snap slide"

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/p...e-owb-holster/

They dont even have a phone number to call them and ask
    Last edited by JD Miller; 01-11-2024 at 02:48 PM.

High Noon, best CZ leather I have ever used.

Boolit Master

Been using an Alien gear holster for my CZ. They make both IWB & OWB. Reasonably priced and hold up well.

https://aliengearholsters.com/

It's not that hard to stitch a holster, I made my wife's pavona holster years ago using inexpensive leather from leather unlimited, and then submerging it in hot wax, it is better than kydex. But now she has a Max-9, and the pawn shop gave her a quality holster with the gun. I also bought a cyclone OC holster for it for her.

I have a cz phantom, very few holsters on the market to fit it. Cytac makes a universal, adjustable paddle holster that works extremely well with it. Also you can buy several different ways to attach it to you, paddle, belt, drop leg...I highly recommend it to everyone. It also has a lock that is completely natural release on the draw.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Master
    If using a leather holster, the CZ 75B PCR version fits well in Glock 19 holsters.
    Loren