Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: 20 GA High Power Nitro Express Loads - ROUND BALL & BOOLITS

Boolit Mold

20 GA High Power Nitro Express Loads - ROUND BALL & BOOLITS

These are loads by Ajay K Madan's R & D. I had a time trying piece all of this together until I got ahold of Ajay. I'm putting this info back out there because I know many will want to see this data again. The guy is a genius and I along with others wish he'd come back to Castboolits!
    I have just started to work with these loads for my Savage 220. So far, I have only got the components for the .575 round ball load for the 20 gauge. I am waiting for 3" hulls to arrive and I've finally got a good selection of powders to work with. I just ordered a custom mold from Tom at Accurate molds to use a boolit instead of a round ball so I can work with that as well after I get the round ball load perfected in my 220. Any comments and suggestions are certainly welcome especially those who have already done this using Ajay's data. I will be posting my results with details and data as things progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8B8F9618-FEF7-49C8-B72F-708FF3B0D7FE.jpg   20 GA 575 RB Data.jpg   20 GA Loading data.jpg   Powder Burn Rates.jpg   Slower 455 gr load OoAf3ui.jpg  

Last edited by Doubleg; 01-10-2024 at 03:39 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I hope you will keep us informed on how things go.

Boolit Master
    Doubleg,

As I age, I appreciate my 20 gauge shotguns more and more. What is your goal for developing a 20 gauge load? What is the game you intend to hunt? Load development is fun, but these days primers are Hard to find. I will help, if I can.
    Be well.
    Adam

Boolit Mold
    I use a .575 round ball loaded like a target load. Just to put big holes in paper. Don't hunt anymore.

I'll be following along on this. I've been loading .575 rb's in the trap commander wad as pictured with BR-5 powder. Doing OK with it out to about 35 yds. I will say some of the powder charges listed in the AJ loads make me nervous.
    Last edited by fastdadio; 04-17-2024 at 06:35 PM.
    Deplorable infidel