WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Hodgdon Online Load Data

Boolit Master

Hodgdon Online Load Data

Hodgdon’s website with their load data has changed format, and it seems that they are showing less data than before. Has anyone else noticed this?
    They have a printed annual manual available for $15 - is it very helpful to anyone who has it? I have Lyman’s #49, Lyman’s Cast #4, and Western’s Manual (Accurate & Ramshot). None of these have a plethora of Longshot data in pistols. True Blue is my all-purpose powder, but Longshot is my fun powder.

Boolit Master
    Yes, I have. I am glad I still have the Western manual I downloaded before the merger.

Boolit Master
    Yeah I don’t like the new website format at all, and I have mostly stopped using it.

I have one of the load magazines from several years ago and really liked it. I need to get the newest one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change is not always welcomed, especially when we are used to the older way. But I've found everything I've looked for on the new Hodgdon website, and have no complaints. It works fine, and has what I've needed.

Boolit Master
    I do like their new format better than the old one. I just wish they kept all the older data instead of dropping some of it.

Boolit Grand Master
    DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE NEW HODGDON MANUAL! It is missing even more than the online site. No 44 Special, No 32 ACP, No 250 savage, no 6.5 x 55, no telling what else is missing. When they bought up the rights to the AA powders and the Western Powder Line, they really pared down the content.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I really like the new format. It would be nice if you could choose 2 or more bullet weights to view at once. But really easy to change to a new bullet weight.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbo333 View Post
    I really like the new format. It would be nice if you could choose 2 or more bullet weights to view at once. But really easy to change to a new bullet weight.
    If you don't specify a bullet weight it gives data for all of them. Then you just scroll to the ones you want.

Boolit Master
    I think it was better before. I do not like it now. Less data by far.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master

Works fine for & it’s free, can’t complain like others do
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig556r View Post
    Works fine for & it’s free, can’t complain like others do
    It’s not really free when the price of their powder has doubled in recent years. I buy mostly their powder, so I indirectly pay for it. If we stopped buying Hodgdon powder, would the reloading data website be there? No…

Discussing preferences on a subject and complaining are two different things. I doubt anyone from this forum called Hodgdon and “complained”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reloading data website is an effective form of advertising. If Hodgdon sells more powder as a result could it help keep the price lower?

Tatume, thanks. Daaaa, guess I should have tried that. Some guys are just smarter than other guys!
    Never trade luck for skill.

I liked to be able to compare different cartridges with similar powders... far more difficult to do that now
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

Boolit Master
    right after hogdon took over western powder on the hogdon/imr web site store they were selling printed versions of the complete western powders load guide for like $2.
    glad I got one, they may still be available im not sure, have not looked. over the years western powders techs worked up lots of loads with cast bullets. not just copying someone else's results like much of the lee load guide is. the resource center has changed formats several; times over the years. Ive found that the vesion they had a dozen years ago was the best and search results were printable.. but I whatever they have up is very useful and ive found I just have to learn how to get the best out of it.

Boolit Master
    I got that Western Manual for $5. It has a lot of cartridges, including wildcats. They don’t have a lot of cast data in it, and what they do have is all commercial - nothing from molds we can buy. I’m hoping to see some of those Cast Performance and Laser Cast bullets wind up in Bazoo’s BulletMatch so I can be more confident when I borrow that data.

Boolit Bub
    I really liked the old format but I'm getting up to speed on the new one. I also try to get as many Reloading manuals as I can get. One offer from Speer at their site will give you their manual for free after a $50 dollar purchase. A $42 value. Hoping for more data to use, can't get enough and must stay current. I will of course continue using the Hodgdon site for data and compare and contrast with all the other data out there. It's a great resource.

My reloading books do the job better and faster.

[QUOTE=sukivel;5671098]It’s not really free when the price of their powder has doubled in recent years. I buy mostly their powder, so I indirectly pay for it. If we stopped buying Hodgdon powder, would the reloading data website be there? No…

Price has taken a big jump in the last month. It is making VV a more acceptable buy. Also something I'm sure no one has told Hodgdon. It is possible to raise prices to a point where it cost you company more to do so.

Anyone hear why the big jump? Supply seems to be slowly recovering. But I still haven't found that RL26 I've been looking for.
    Last edited by Avenger442; 02-04-2024 at 02:59 PM.
    While I work at it, it is by God's grace that it happens. So it is best I ask him what, how and when before I start..