Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone bought a Carhartt off Amazon..is this a knock off?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar

Anyone bought a Carhartt off Amazon..is this a knock off?

I bought this Carhartt j140 a little over a year ago from Cabela’s. It has completely different looking tags than the J140 listed on Amazon with a different part number now. The new one from Amazon doesn’t seem to be a thick either. Just wondering if Carhartt updated their tags or if this is a knock off getting sold on Amazon?

My Cabelas Carhartt bought at Cabelas a little over a year ago….

Here’s the one I got off of Amazon two days ago. Like I said, they’re very similar, but it feels like there’s not as much padding in this one. Both listed is J140 but there’s a different part number on this jacket 0j0140 instead of 140.

Just wondering if this is a new updated version of the 140 or if it’s a knock off getting sold on Amazon? I’ll call Carhart on Monday and ask them to but they’re closed for the weekend. Just figured maybe somebody already had to run in with this ordeal already.

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    I know keen shoes off amazon are rejects. 3 pairs bought and returned. Finially just made the 3hr drive to cabelas to get a real pair.

Vendor Sponsor

Not going to post the link, but search for "How to Legit Check Carhartt: Ensuring Authenticity"

How to Legit Check Carhartt

Purchase from Authorized Retailers

To guarantee the authenticity of your Carhartt purchase, it is recommended to buy from authorized retailers. Carhartt has an official website that provides a list of authorized sellers.

Alternatively, you can visit their physical stores or trusted online platforms that have established partnerships with Carhartt. Avoid buying from suspicious websites or unauthorized sellers, as they are more likely to offer counterfeit goods.

Examine the Label

Pay close attention to the label inside the garment. Genuine Carhartt products usually feature a high-quality woven label with precise stitching and clear details. Look for any misspelled words, inconsistent font styles, or poor craftsmanship, as these can indicate a counterfeit item. Authentic labels often include specific information about the product, such as the size, country of production, and care instructions.

Check the Logo

The Carhartt logo is an iconic symbol of the brand. Counterfeit products may have distorted or poorly reproduced logos. Authentic Carhartt logos are typically clean, well-defined, and accurately positioned. Study the shape, font, and size of the logo, ensuring it matches the official branding. Be wary of any irregularities or variations in color and design.

Quality of Materials and Construction

Carhartt is recognized for its robust materials and superior craftsmanship. When examining a Carhartt product, feel the fabric’s texture and thickness. Authentic items are made from high-quality, durable materials designed to withstand demanding work environments. Pay attention to stitching details, such as reinforced seams and double stitching, which are often found in genuine Carhartt products.

Compare Prices

Be cautious of significantly discounted Carhartt products, as counterfeiters often lure customers with attractive prices. Research the average market price for the item you’re considering and compare it with the seller’s offer. If the price seems too good to be true, there is a higher chance that it is a fake product.

Remember, authentic Carhartt products come at a certain price point due to their quality and durability.

Seek Reviews and Recommendations

Before making a purchase, it can be helpful to seek reviews and recommendations from trusted sources. Look for feedback from reliable reviewers or fellow consumers who have purchased Carhartt products. Their experiences can provide valuable insights into the authenticity, quality, and overall satisfaction with the brand.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I never bought Carhartt off amazon but I did quit buying the brand about 5 years ago at stores as the quality dropped off dramatically!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master

Don't have that particular style of jacket but those labels, other than the 'part number', appear to be the same as the last Carhartt I purchased OTC from the 'Farm & Fleet' just down the road from where I'm sitting.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I might have to run to Farm and Fleet. I know they have them in stock and see if they look the same. My guess is it’s not a fake they just didn’t put as much padding in it as they did a few years ago or my other jacket got stuffed pretty good at the factory. The one that I have from a little over a year ago that I’ve only worn twice the shoulder faded on it and I’m trying to get it covered through Carhartt. There are a pain in the butt to deal with. I’ve had many a Carhartt for decades and never had an issue with fading. Figured I’d order a replacement while I’m waiting to hear back. It’s been over a month now with several calls and emails. I got a feeling their quality is going down hill and I didn’t get a defective one. Wore it twice and never washed it. For some reason when I went to put it on this year, it had a big faded spot on the shoulder and on both sides of the jacket below the shoulder. It was a Christmas present from last year. It’s been inside my house the whole time maybe the sunlight from the front window faded it? I have a green and a brown Carhartt I’ve had for years sitting next to it and they had no issues with the sunlight. First of all they told me they had to email the repair department that was back on December 4. Emailed pictures of my tags and photos of the faded jacket. After about five or six calls, and talking to four people I was told that because the jacket wasn’t torn it got rejected. I told them of course it had nothing to do with a tear. The black dye faded. Jacket looks like brand new and stiff is a board because I’ve never washed it and worn it twice with white fading on the shoulder in the front and the back I can still wear it. I just wouldn’t wear it in public. Looks goofy. I had the exact same jacket for 15 years and never had it faded. The front sleeves finally ripped apart so I gave it to a buddy for a work jacket and got this one for Christmas last last year to replace it which was the exact same jacket. My company bought work jackets for everybody of the exact same ones 15 years ago and none of them ever faded. We all got the same ones so I figured I just had a defective one for some goofy reason? Still a great thick jacket the old one is I was hoping they would just re die the material and send it back to me.

I can tell you the newer style is definitely not a thick. It feels just a hair smaller than the other jacket along with the different tags, that’s what’s throwing me off, thinking it was a knock off.

Boolit Buddy
    I know their T-shirt material is not as thick as it used to be but they still last better for me than other brands. I normally by mine off of super casuals website since they have the rejects that I tear up and stain around the house.

I wear Carhartt t-shirts, the colored ones with pocket and have ever since I can remember, a very long time. I like my T-shirts to have the pocket, and dislike white for some reason. These T-shirts have gone down in quality and I find buying them a real problem as the old shirts are just non-existant in my area. That or, I just can't find them. My Wife bought me three last week, all from Fred Myer gorcery store that has a cloths section. The material is thinner, much thinner than earlier shirts. She bought me these same shirts about 2 years back and they have worn to the point of not wearing them as the necks have worn out rolling up, in general, they look bad. I still have a few shirts I bought 20 years ago, they are heavy, thick and very nice when compared to what I now can find..

I know there are some knock offs out there.
    I got an add pop up on Facebook the other day for Carharts for $49.99. Dead giveaway. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is.
    Not sure what you paid for yours, but if it was significantly cheaper than reputable stores, it's a fake.
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Master

Both carhartt and Deluth Trading co work clothes have declined in durablity and long life. I don't think there is a single carhartt item made in the US any longer.

My jacket off Amazon was $119. Think is was $169 at Cabelas a little over a year ago.

Boolit Master

I buy my Carhartt T-shirts from Sierra Trading Post. I usually buy a half dozen or so of each style and color I like. What I have seen lately is some of their t-shirts are not 100% cotton and lighter weight. I prefer the heavier 100% cotton shirts. I also prefer earth tone T-shirts. I recently bought a bunch. I need to buy more. Battery acid splashes and barbed wire are hard on them!
    Life is so tough and it is even tougher if you are stupid!

Moderator Emeritus

I stopped buying Carharts when they forced their folks to take the unmentionable. Duluth has impressed me with their Firehose pants. I haven't needed a jacket yet but so far I like what I have received.

Boolit Master
    Bought my Bibbs direct from carhart..only way I could get zip to waist legs!!!
    My Tags are like yer top one!

Boolit Master
    Once a brand becomes hip they have to grow rapidly to meet demand and that’s the beginning of the end. They’ll milk it, but in the end they've sacrificed the brand name to satisfy the hipsters, and when the hipsters move on they’re left with nothing. I think Duluth is taking more than a few Carhart traditional customers, and Carhart doesn’t notice because sales are strong.

Got some old Carhart stuff, for Christmas this year got a bunch of Duluth.

I bought a brown Carhartt hoodie from the army navy store a few months ago in Brown. It was as heavy as a Sherman Tank…lol. Two bucks I couldn’t beat it. I was pretty excited it’s heavier than most of my jackets! I’ve never had a Carhartt hoodie and can tell you if they still make them like that I’ll start buying them. I did talk to Carhartt this morning with my other jacket under warranty I’ve been dealing with and still haven’t gotten anywhere. I basically emailed back and said that I would take a dark blue because they don’t have black in the J140. Apparently they are out of gray and black so all that’s left is Carhartt brown and dark blue. I already have a chocolate colored brown Carhartt jacket and a green. To the Carhartt brown, which is basically tanned, looks too much like a work jacket and I like to wear my jackets out in public quite a bit and figured the darker blue color would go good with everything. Figured it’s probably better than where in the black one out which looks like a giant crane flew over and crapped on mega shoulder where it “weirdly” faded. They also told me that the tag with the part number that I have on the one I bought from Amazon the other day is correct it’s a new part number but they wouldn’t give me an answer if they had a new supplier for what was going on with them because it’s not they and he is the one I bought a little over a year ago with different tags.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    I stopped buying Carharts when they forced their folks to take the unmentionable.
    ???

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about, can you please elaborate ? A PM is fine if you prefer not to discuss in open forum.

Well, I’m pretty much gonna give up on Carhartt products and service. I’ve talked to four different people and I’ve emailed over 30+ times since December 4th on my j140 jacket that is under a year old. I keep getting the runaround. At first they were going to send me a return label since my coat is under a year old. It was worn twice and never washed. I put my jacket by the front door after last year’ s two time wearing for the summer. When I pulled it out last month and put it on for the third time right before Christmas in the whole top of the shoulder for some reason tuened light grey like it’s sun faded for some goofy reason. My other two Carhart coats were sitting right next to it that are years and years old, and still look like new. The people that I call finally told me there are call-center based out of Canada and I can’t call Carhartt in Michigan direct. Been getting the runaround from them nonstop. I was told I had to email a photo of the jacket and the tags which I did. I did this with three different call-center people and kept getting told that they would email it to the repair center. Last week I was told that they rejected it because there was no hole in it. So I had to explain to them they’re never was a hole that the dye faded like I’ve been telling the other three call-center reps for the last month. I finally got an email back on Friday that said that they were out of black extra large tall J1 40s which they have plenty for sale online on their website direct and to pick another color. Yesterday and was told that they had dark blue and Carhartt brown. I also told that I had to respond to the email and they couldn’t help me on the phone for some goofy reason. Back and said send me a dark blue jacket and got a response back 45 minutes ago that said they were out of dark blue after I was told they had thousands of them in stock yesterday. The gal from the call center today told me that the call center is based out of Canada and they’ve been hired by Carhartt to answer the phones basically. My brain hurts. I’m done with Carhart.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-09-2024 at 07:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    He means the jab.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Covid shots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast