Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone bought a Carhartt off Amazon..is this a knock off?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just got a random email back out of the clear blue this morning from the third or fourth person I’ve been talking and emailing to in the last month and a half. It said they said that they’re sending me a replacement jacket in Navy. Said they’ll send me a tracking number in the next couple days. I talked with a different representative after I posted and they said that they were going to send an email in the next couple of days with a return label to inspect my jacket. The customer service representative said they would “inspect it” for a few weeks and let me know if it would be replaced it or just send it back “as is”. I Never got an email from that person yet. Without a doubt they have a really poor answering service in a breakdown and communications between the call center apparently. I’m obviously not calling or emailing them anymore. If a jacket shows up out of the clear blue I’ll post it here.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-10-2024 at 02:18 PM.

I have to give a “hats off” to Carhartt. Actually the last Carhartt representative from the Canadian call center. Only took 6 weeks but she followed through and sent me a replacement jacket J140 in blue. The jacket came from the Hanson,Kentucky warehouse. I haven't had a chance to drive down to the ups store to drop off the black Amazon j140 that I was questioning the authenticity of. I can tell the Amazon jacket is a little lighter and fits tighter than the new navy and my old black one that the shoulder faded on. They look exactly the same along with all the tags EXCEPT for the neck tag. The one sent from carhartt has a flag on it. The Amazon tag does not. Carhartt also sent me a small usps bubble envelope yesterday. I opened it to find two pieces of black material in it about 6” square each. Wondering if they send it because someone there thought I had holes in my jacket that needed patching? Don’t know why they got shipped to me. Probably will toss them out. Carhartt didn’t have a return label for the defective jacket or asked me to send it back. So imo that’s great. I won’t be afraid to roll around in the who knows what with the black faded one and save the new blue one for out on town.

The bottom inner tags have all the same print but the description printed below is smaller and lighter on the Amazon "carhartt" knock off on the left vs the one on the right that was sent directly from Carhartt.

When I googled Carhart, it says they have facilities all over the world. They said Mexico, Kentucky, Tennessee in Detroit. I’m wondering if this is a knock off or if it’s a made in Mexico coat??? Either way, it’s definitely not the thick padded and warmer quality of the one that was sent to me from Kentucky or the one that I have that is faded. I took the one from Amazon outside in our lovely 30 below windchill compared to the one I just got from Carhartt and the one that faded and it’s nowhere near as warm.

Here is the usps package with pieces of black material they sent me the day before. Im guessing they sent it to me for repair patches? I had to send them photos of my jacket and told them there were no holes in it so I was kind of confused. My guess is I talked to too many people there and the other customer service reps probably still don’t know what’s going on.

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-16-2024 at 09:59 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

The "imposter" tag also has the word "All" whereas the flag one doesn't. Protect Hardworking People vs Protect All Hardworking People. Still won't buy them...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Misery-Whip View Post
    I know keen shoes off amazon are rejects. 3 pairs bought and returned. Finially just made the 3hr drive to cabelas to get a real pair.
    I picked up a pair of Keens off Amazon. The hook at the top for the laces was not riveted in one spot.
    I waited until I could not return to Amazon contacted Keen with a picture they honored the warrant by giving me an online credit and told me to keep the faulty shoes.
    I can wear the faulty shoes so I ended up with two pairs for the price of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Daver7 View Post
    I picked up a pair of Keens off Amazon. The hook at the top for the laces was not riveted in one spot.
    I waited until I could not return to Amazon contacted Keen with a picture they honored the warrant by giving me an online credit and told me to keep the faulty shoes.
    I can wear the faulty shoes so I ended up with two pairs for the price of one.

Well, that’s the nice part about Carhartt. They never asked me for the old jacket back ,or forgot to, so thumbs up to them even though it took a month and a half to get a jacket. About week too late with this rotten cold weather, but better late then never. I see that Walmart in Hobby lobby sells black dye for a $2/$3 bucks. I might buy some and try it with that faded coat. Looks like you have to soak it completely for about 20 to 30 minutes and then wash. Figure it can’t look any worse than what it already does.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 01-18-2024 at 12:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12