Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows-replacement

Boolit Buddy
    Guess I'll have to take a beating here ...
    Last year I broke one of my 15 y/o Anderson Windows with a rock thrown from the mower .

Couldn't get a replacement in what I considered a reasonable time frame , so I called window world , yea I see you rolling your eyes.
    Salesman came out and showed me everything about the window .

I ended up changing 6 Windows on that side of the house so everything matched . Hard to believe but 6 Windows installed ended up only costing about double what just 1 Anderson would have cost me .
    Now are they as good as a brand new Anderson, I doubt it . But they are a heck of a lot better then a 15 y/o Anderson .
    Both my heating and cooling bills went down a tiny bit even as my electric rates went up .
    And I'm happy enough with them that this spring I'm going to replace the rest of my Windows .

I might feel different about this choice if I had a bigger / fancier house that this might affect its overall worth .
    But I don't , I have a 1250 sf ranch , new Windows of any type will only increase its worth .

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Money well spent. A LOT of money, but the basement isn't near as old in the Upper Midwest winter.
    Tax guy said we can we can get a refund from the state.

Shiloh
    Possibly rebate due from federal level for energy savings. I expect if you are retired and no taxes bill, maybe nothing, but maybe. Check....

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If you want the best, Marvin Infinity windows are the ones. Expensive? Yessir they are. But they are made like a precision piece of equipment.
    We did our entire house with them. Installed they are about $600 each. 16 windows all told.
    Tight as a drum. Lifetime warranty.
    We are wood burners so when you lock these windows down, the house is tight.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    The key to good insulating qualities is the glass. Spent several years as maintenance supervisor in a factory that made the insulated glass for window makers like Pella and Anderson. The technology involved is more than just slapping two sheets of glass together with an air space between. Back in the 60's and 70's most insulated windows had about 1/4 in space, standard by the late 90's was 1/2 to 5/8 inch. The space between was filled with a nitrogen argon mix and the glass is sealed to the channel, which is filled with a desiccant. There was no such thing as "good enough", any imperfection was cause for rejection and the window went into the crusher.

Boolit Master
    If your windows are fogging up inside and should be warranted for a lifetime. The info you need is stamped in many places on the strip of aluminum that's sandwiched between the glass. You might be able to pay the difference between the old windows and new better quality ones they offer.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12