Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Book of Life

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Oh my. Christianity is reality. Don't make the mistake of making a religion out of it.
    There might be some Muslims, jews, Taoists, Catholics, Buddhists, Mormons, Atheists, etc... that would say the same thing regarding their beliefs.

Boolit Master
    Actually, Christianity is a relationship with Jesus Christ who died on a cross so our sins can be forgiven, and we can have a right relationship with God the Father so we can have eternal life not eternal death.

Religion is a demon sprit of deception that try's hide the truth of the Gospel.

John 14:6
    English Standard Version
    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Boolit Buddy
    I have to say, saying Christianity is not a religion is a new one on me.

My first instinct is that there might be some kind of push to distance the concept of Christianity away from one's idea of 'religion'. Similar to how a company might re-brand after a scandal or some kind of negative connotation to the current name.

I have absolutely no proof of this, but it is the immediate thing that came to my mind.

Boolit Master
    This is a dictionary definition of religion:

Religion
    [ ri-lij-uhn ]

noun
    A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
    the Christian religion;
    the Buddhist religion.

So this comes right back to people, whereas I think some of the opinions stated here define Christianity as a personal relationship with Christ, as IOON44 stated. Organized "religion" produces men who dress in fine clothes and sexually abuse children. That behavior doesn't come from a sincere desire to worship and was condemned by Jesus.
    (Matthew 18:5-6) 5] "And whosoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me. 6] But if anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Humanity is depraved, and all the education and electronic gadgets can't fix our basic nature. Our only Savior is in Christ Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom22 View Post
    There might be some Muslims, jews, Taoists, Catholics, Buddhists, Mormons, Atheists, etc... that would say the same thing regarding their beliefs.
    Of course there are. Was there a purpose to your comment?

Boolit Master
    When an Infinite God wants to write in an Infinite Book, and Promises He Will, there It Is.
    This Book of Life thread has turned into a Nature of God question which needs its own thread.
    Aren't we all curious about the Nature of God? Books have been written.
    IMHO Religion is man-made and there is a huge difference between a cult and a religion.
    We all have a relationship with God as unique as we are individual. Our common ground is The Word.
    We all have a God shaped hole that we try to stuff with the things of the world. Only God fits.
    I attend and recommend an Independent Baptist church, "in one accord", biblical, conservative.
    YMMV. We don't shoot other people's reloads for a good reason.
    A good study is "What is the difference between a church and a country club?"
    That one was a great thread.

Boolit Buddy
    Of course there are. Was there a purpose to your comment?
    Yes, different groups claim their religion or beliefs as reality and are unwavering. Today's world in all of it's glory is the result.

Yes, different groups claim their religion or beliefs as reality and are unwavering. Today's world in all of it's glory is the result.
    No, our world is the remedy to the rebellion.

Boolit Buddy
    What movie are we talking about again?

Is that the best you can do?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    I attend and recommend an Independent Baptist church, "in one accord", biblical, conservative.
    YMMV. We don't shoot other people's reloads for a good reason.

Now that is clever! Bravo

Boolit Buddy
    Dude, reality and you have parted ways. You have absolutely nothing to offer in the way of actual facts.

Look at history...
    Are you actually not familiar...
    remedy to rebellion...
    future facts...
    etc...

None of this means anything. Your just stating things as if they were commonly accepted fact then you just say look it up or express surprise at all of our ignorance when you are asked to provide more than the catchy headline. It's quite bizarre. Opinions based on intuition or the like are fine, just provide some context to your train of thought so the rest of us can follow along.

Dude, reality and you have parted ways. You have absolutely nothing to offer in the way of actual facts.

Look at history...
    Are you actually not familiar...
    remedy to rebellion...
    future facts...
    etc...

None of this means anything. Your just stating things as if they were commonly accepted fact then you just say look it up or express surprise at all of our ignorance when you are asked to provide more than the catchy headline. It's quite bizarre. Opinions based on intuition or the like are fine, just provide some context to your train of thought so the rest of us can follow along.
    Ah, I see you don't get it. That this current world was set up as a remedy to the rebellion against our creator is basic Christian theology. We get to come here and decide whether to love the father or not. Pretty cut and dried. If you aren't Christian or haven't bothered to learn it...
    Doesn't matter to me either way because it's up to you how you spend the limited time here.

Boolit Buddy
    Please enlighten us as to your knowledge, answer direct questions pertaining to your knowledge/claims and stop vaguely referencing it like a teenage girl on facebook. I would like to understand what you are saying or at the very least follow along, but you keep deflecting and avoiding.

Boolit Buddy

That this current world was set up as a remedy to the rebellion against our creator is basic Christian theology.
    Well I consider myself to be a Christian and do not remember reading "in the Bible" that was the reason that God created the world and mankind for that matter was to deal with a group of rebelling angels. Chapter and Verse please?

Below are a few Chapter and verses that reference the rebellion... but I do not see where that was as you stated the reason that this current world was created.

Jude 1:6
    6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Isaiah 14:12-15
    12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Revelation 12:6-9
    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
    7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Boolit Master
    Angels vaguely dancing on pins...

Billy Graham: People who say they don't understand the Bible do not read the Bible.

Page one: In the beginning, God... (the rest explains that and it isn't at all vague)

It's The Great Commission for us to spread the Word!

Dunno about "saving the world" but we can lead one soul at a time to the Holy Spirit as directed.

We are told to witness our salvation, apologize, teach, lead. He said we are the light of the world.

We must have a ready answer in a world of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

Don't hide your light under a bushel! I am convinced the only thing that can save America is Revival.

Don't you see that we are all missionaries each in his own way?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Well I consider myself to be a Christian and do not remember reading "in the Bible" that was the reason that God created the world and mankind for that matter was to deal with a group of rebelling angels. Chapter and Verse please?

Below are a few Chapter and verses that reference the rebellion... but I do not see where that was as you stated the reason that this current world was created.

Jude 1:6
    6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Isaiah 14:12-15
    12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Revelation 12:6-9
    6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
    7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
    8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
    Hi Alabama. Before quoting scripture, please get it straight when you're quoting me. I said this current world was set up as a remedy to the rebellion against our creator.

The rebellion happened. God wiped the world and set it back up. And put us here to have dominion. We're spirit beings that God knew before. We pass once through the water as humans with the free will opportunity to love the father or not, our decision. That's what it's all about and that's all in scripture but you do have to study.

Please enlighten us as to your knowledge, answer direct questions pertaining to your knowledge/claims and stop vaguely referencing it like a teenage girl on facebook. I would like to understand what you are saying or at the very least follow along, but you keep deflecting and avoiding.
    Oh my. You were given a very direct answer.

Boolit Buddy
    Oh my. You were given a very direct answer.
    Ok, you are just being dishonest at this point. I'm not the only one who has been a bit befuddled. My interaction with you is through. I will leave you with one final thought if you care to read it.

The way you are going about this is very similar to the responses I received from my supposed godly ambassadors when I was younger. It was extremely influential in why I am the way I am now. Now, granted, I have thought this way before our interactions, so none of that is your responsibility. Your snarky quip of you saying you gave a "very" direct answer is more dishonesty. You've not been direct on anything and you know it.

I am telling you that you are doing a horrible job at testifying for your beliefs. For someone who might come to you for guidance and maybe are still on the fence, I feel that you will likely push them in the direction that I went. Let's assume that your beliefs are completely accurate. The damage you are doing by representing it this way is something you will likely be held accountable for by your creator. Me being in the same position will not likely give you any comfort.

Ponder that. You can do better.

Ok, you are just being dishonest at this point. I'm not the only one who has been a bit befuddled. My interaction with you is through. I will leave you with one final thought if you care to read it.

The way you are going about this is very similar to the responses I received from my supposed godly ambassadors when I was younger. It was extremely influential in why I am the way I am now. Now, granted, I have thought this way before our interactions, so none of that is your responsibility. Your snarky quip of you saying you gave a "very" direct answer is more dishonesty. You've not been direct on anything and you know it.

I am telling you that you are doing a horrible job at testifying for your beliefs. For someone who might come to you for guidance and maybe are still on the fence, I feel that you will likely push them in the direction that I went. Let's assume that your beliefs are completely accurate. The damage you are doing by representing it this way is something you will likely be held accountable for by your creator. Me being in the same position will not likely give you any comfort.

Ponder that. You can do better.
    And now you're saying I'm dishonest. You've were on the attack with casting accusations and insults, and now you're stepping up your game. You're no longer deserving of even simple courtesies. I agree that yes, we are through.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast