Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Gaston Glock dead.

Gaston Glock dead.

Age 94.

DG

He designed a handgun that is about as reliable as a Browning Hi-Power in a plastic gun, no small task. The several folks I know that built all steel Glocks said they did not function and shoot as reliable as the plastic guns.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Vendor Sponsor

If they had a 1911 grip angle I'd be onboard. You should be able to stand, look forward, hold the pistol arms length 90 ° to the right or left, then turn your head and look where the sights are pointed. For a defensive gun, you want the sights to be basically lined up, or that gun does NOT fit your natural grip.

If I do this with a Glock, the front sight is up in the treeline, I have to bend my wrist to bring the sights on target. If I do it with a 1911 sights are near perfect for not looking at the gun, in this scenario, the gun is an extension of your forearm, where your forearm points, the sights should also point. A round butt J frame works the same way for me, as long as the backstrap is exposed I'm good and would trust my aim in the dark.
    Last edited by DougGuy; 12-27-2023 at 07:54 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Sad news. He was a great firearms innovator. His guns changed the world of handguns.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator