Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: CZ 97 BD Barrel Bushing broke

Boolit Master

CZ 97 BD Barrel Bushing broke

I’ve got a CZ97BD with a factory installed Barrel bushing that has separated the threaded part that screws into the frame and centers the tube, from the part that allows you to screw it in place, same as the 1911 does with its bushing.

My question is would it be ok to continue to shoot, even with this part of the bushing missing? The bushing is still in the slide, and centering the barrel like it’s supposed to.

Cajun gun works, doesn’t have one or any other suppliers. They will machine the frame out and install a 1911 type bushing for some big $$$.

.45 ACP Chech made pistol discontinued.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Banner Sponsor

Did you try CZ for parts? Or maybe Numrich?

Boolit Master
    CZ USA has parts for days

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sigep1764 View Post
    CZ USA has parts for days
    They may have parts for days but they dont have this part.
    Numrich list part but none in stock. On waiting list several suppliers. Anyone know of any other places to look?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master
    Any gunsmith worthy of the name ought to be able to remove the bushing and solder the ring back on it, provided you have both parts. If not, I believe you will still be able to use the gun while you stalk the rare and elusive barrel bushing. It appears that the threaded portion ought to have plenty of surface to continue to guide the barrel as the slide travels during cycling of the firearm.
    Last edited by rintinglen; 12-28-2023 at 10:29 PM.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Dang, I can't find one anywhere. I usually have luck. I didn't check gunbroker, tho

Boolit Master
    Nope, no parts there either

Boolit Master
    I’m not a smith but have silver soldered most of my life, will give it a go. Probably will hold the rest of my life. Or till they catch up on parts supply. 45% silver with proper flux and clean up should fix it.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm curious to hear how this works out. Does silver solder need the same temperature as brazing such as in copper refrigerant lines? I would cringe if I had my barrel orange with a turbotorch. I always thought that this type of metal joining would be done with one of those induction heating coils or brazed before heat treatment of the part. I have been in a similar situation and either sold the gun as parts or leaned it up in a corner. My experience wasn't with this particular firearm. If there is a new skill to be learned here I'd like to know it for the future.

Boolit Master
    Haven’t done it yet, but the broke bushing will not be soldered any where near the barrel. This style bushing is threaded into the frame, so the Bbl slides thru. Will prabally be in a fixture to hold together while it’s being fluxed and soldered. Then any excess filed out or dremmeled out, shouldn’t need much, to do this job.

Update on bushings available, 0.

Boolit Master
    Update Cajun Gun Works finally got a bushing in. I installed it, newer type with multi position shape for proper orientation. Loaded up and fired 20 rounds for testing function and accuracy. Worked flawlessly, now I can work on the broken bushing to solder and fit for extra.