WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: 360 Buckhammer Boolits...

Boolit Master

360 Buckhammer Boolits...

Ok so I didn't need one, but since when did that ever stop a person from adding to their collection. Besides I thought it was kinga neat.

So I initially picked up the Henry back around Thanksgiving. Seen it at Walmart of all places and just thought I gotta have it. They also had several boxes each of the 180 and 200gr Rem ammo. Made it a package deal.

So we have run a box and some through it and it shoots pretty danged nice. Meanwhile I ordered one of the MP .359-220 WNFP HP molds and as usual it pours them out like water.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP .359-220 WNFP HP.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	321392

So is there anyone else here using this boolit or similar for the 360 or similar calibers, and if so what powders have you found to be working the best?

I'm looking at picking up some of the SW Buffalo, some 5744, and CFE Black to get started off on. I also have some 1680, so Ill just have to play around and see what does best.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Master
    Well, I am envious. Look forward to your report when you get your accuracy/performance loads worked up. Wish Henry would hurry up with the single shot.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Abert Rim View Post
    Well, I am envious. Look forward to your report when you get your accuracy/performance loads worked up. Wish Henry would hurry up with the single shot.
    Have they announced the ss yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Abert Rim View Post
    Well I will be giving it a good run through the mill soon. I have about one and a half boxes of fresh fired brass, and a coffee can of 30-30 cases to build upon. I picked up some CFE Black and SW Buffalo Rifle for it and the 45-70 to see what they will do. I have the two pans of boolits cast up for it and a couple of boxes of Hornady 200gr RN. I'm also looking into some others like the Maker or Hammer bullets as well, but I will be concentrating on my own cast loads first.

I mainly picked it up for something to use from a pop up setting out by a feeder at night for the hogs or in the thickish brush where shots aren't all that far. Granted I have other things that I COULD use, but I also have three grandsons ranging from 15-22 who like to bust hogs as well. Besides, if THEY shoot'em THEY clean'em...win win in my book.
    Later,
    Mike / TX