Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh, the joy of a 4 stall garage and a 1,900 sq. ft. house

Check in the fridge, you wouldn't believe what I have found in mine.

Boolit Grand Master
    I found my car keys in the fridge once.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Great news! The guns were found, right where I had put them under the bed. When pulling gifts to wrap for the grand kids (guess where the gifts were hidden) there they were, right where I had put them.

I swear that I looked there three different times. Blasted bi focals anyway.

Boolit Buddy
    It is scary what can be found in the fridge, especially the one in the garage. That thing should be padlocked to keep some of the things that grow in there out!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooserco View Post
    Great news! The guns were found, right where I had put them under the bed. When pulling gifts to wrap for the grand kids (guess where the gifts were hidden) there they were, right where I had put them.

I swear that I looked there three different times. Blasted bi focals anyway.
    Well I'm happy for you! Happy ending.

I kept thinking I'd find my parts but after 2 years, I've given up.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Well I'm happy for you! Happy ending.

I kept thinking I'd find my parts but after 2 years, I've given up.
    Keep the faith, they will eventually turn up.

When we lost everything in 2009 (business, autos, home: literally everything after firesales, etc. Only tangible items left besides clothes on our back, basic cooking utensils and family heirlooms) you have now idea when we got back on our feet and something needed to be done...Oh, I don't have that anymore, or I don't have that tool anymore.

Glad you found them.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    I am too!!! I have been hoping to get to the range this weekend while the temps are reasonable here in north central Michigan to test out a couple of loads. One of which is in a new Christmas/Birthday gift being a Ruger PCC9. That is why the uproar in not finding the guns, I want to test loads in both the pistol and rifle to verify function and begin the journey to perfecting that load in both firearms to not only function but to be somewhat accurate in both.

In over 50 years, I've always tried to have a rifle and handgun that shared caliber, just in case. Preferrably a military caliber, just in case it "hits the fan". In the past, I had the .44 Magnum. While not military, it did serve for hunting and any self defense purposes.

Now, 9 mm NATO fills the role. Rifle and Pistol, same cartridge. Life is good. GOD has blessed.

May God bless you and yours over this blessed time. May he keep you and yours safe, and secure.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooserco View Post
    Yeah, but it's Christmas. I've already wrapped my own gifts and can't remember what I'm getting Isn't it great???
    Thank you! My wife is getting over a bad case of Flu A. This is the first time she has laughed in a week. We are getting there ourselves. Might as well enjoy the ride.

I was in a bad accident about 3 years ago and hospitalized for many months. I asked a good friend of mine to go to my house and secure the guns, which were laying about all over the place. I knew others were going to go there and clean up and organize the house for my benefit. But not knowing how many and whom else might tag along on that mission of mercy, I didn't want anyone tempted to snag something for themselves. But I was heavily drugged for pain purposes when I made the request of my friend, and I soon forgot I ever asked it.

6 months later, I finally returned home from the physical rehab hospital. I had much to do to focus on regaining my physical mobility and independence, so I didn't even think about going out shooting for a few more months. Only then did I start taking stock of my expected inventory,...and was horrified to be unable to account for several items, of which a few were NFA things.

Not remembering I had actually asked my buddy in my drug-addled state to secure these things, I spent weeks agonizing over what could have happened to them and who may have been responsible. It finally dawned on me that rather than being stolen, maybe someone had been charitable and tried to do me a favor by removing them during the time my house was vacant and a juicy burglary target. Fortunately, I did mention to my buddy that these things were missing and I was distressed, whereupon he immediately informed me that it was MY IDEA he take them home with him for safe storage. I was so embarrassed that I had actually asked for this but didn't remember. But hey,...I was on drugs.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Boolit Master

Amazing how you always find things is the last place you look. Glad you found them.

Boolit Master

I found a 40 S&W mp shield that I forgot I had when I put the one I had just bought in the safe right next to it.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    I found a 40 S&W mp shield that I forgot I had when I put the one I had just bought in the safe right next to it.
    Now, you have one for each hand!

Boolit Master

Oh, the joy of a 4 stall garage and a 1,900 sq. ft. house

Try this one:
    You have a tool, but you need a second one (say a size die & you need the top punch.)

Wander the garage/house for two hours, finally finding the top punch, then realize you can’t remember where set the die

Currently missing: 3 Ed Brown 1911 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    Try this one:
    You have a tool, but you need a second one (say a size die & you need the top punch.)

Wander the garage/house for two hours, finally finding the top punch, then realize you can’t remember where set the die

I don't need 2 hours to accomplish that feat. 10 minutes is plenty of time.

One time in particular I was working on a tractor. Needed a tool from the garage about 75 feet away. By the time I got inside the garage I forgot what tool I needed. So I wandered around looking at tools for about 5 minutes thinking something might remind me. Nope.

Walked back to the shed, took a look at the tractor and instantly remembered. Walked back to the garage and ......forgot again.

So I stoked up the fire in the wood stove, pulled up a chair and opened an adult beverage.

I figured if I had that much crap on my mind I shouldn't be working on anything, anyway. Done for the day.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    Try this one:

Not really firearm related, I got tired of picking up/looking for my air muffs in my Kubota tractor cab. Not wishing to drill into the ROPS I bought a couple of magnets from Harbor Freight; appropriately bent some 1" steel to form a holder; drilled and tapped said steel so I may screw in said magnets; use a Dremel to cut ends off, and by golly those 90 minutes were well spent. Toooo cold out to paint, I said to my self, "Self -- why not wrap orange electric tape about it, and it will look just as pretty?" So -- I set my creation down and went to the box from which I retrieved the electric tape. I then spent almost two hours looking for my creation to no avail! OK -- to not get "twitty", I suggested I stop; look again with fresh eyes next day -- which I did, with still no success. IT IS STILL IN GARAGE! -- but WHERE?????
    I swear there must be some Poltergeist or ??? that moved it...
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    geo

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=georgerkahn;56i tNot really firearm related, I got tired of picking up/looking for my air muffs in my Kubota tractor cab. Not wishing to drill into the ROPS I bought a couple of magnets from Harbor Freight; appropriately bent some 1" steel to form a holder; drilled and tapped said steel so I may screw in said magnets; use a Dremel to cut ends off, and by golly those 90 minutes were well spent. Toooo cold out to paint, I said to my self, "Self -- why not wrap orange electric tape about it, and it will look just as pretty?" So -- I set my creation down and went to the box from which I retrieved the electric tape. I then spent almost two hours looking for my creation to no avail! OK -- to not get "twitty", I suggested I stop; look again with fresh eyes next day -- which I did, with still no success. IT IS STILL IN GARAGE! -- but WHERE?????
    I swear there must be some Poltergeist or ??? that moved it...
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    geo[/QUOTE]

I tell my wife it’s her gnomes moving my stuff around at night.

I’ll prove it to her by setting up a nanny-cam.

Just as soon as I can find the damn thing.

I remember some years ago, (20? 30? maybe more) asking some used machine tool guy if they ever found anything worthwhile left inside the little door on the side of the column on the older Bridgeport milling machines they traded in. He told me they had found buckets full of wore out tooling, homemade fixtures, etc. over the years. Just pitched it all. One day one the crew just happened to reach in one and also up. Felt something up there, pulled hard and out came a 1911 Colt, full clip plus one in the pipe. It was held up there by one of those super magnets. Managment let the guy keep it. Everybody I've repeated that story to has said, "I'm checkin' mine when I get back to the shop".
    Mine did not have one.

Boolit Buddy
    I've misplaced a few things in my lifetime. Well..... maybe quite a few, but never a gun. I'm 67 now and after reading some of these posts, you all got me kinda scared of getting any older.

Moderator Emeritus

While you're looking I remember having another 22 lr contender bbl and can only find one. If you see it let me know.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze