Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hollywood Junior

Hollywood Junior

Picked up a Hollywood junior the other day and just finished the restoration. I think it turned out pretty good. Used the same methods as described in my post on restoring my 2 Hollywood Turret Tools (loctaed under "Reloading"). These Hollywoods are addicting and getting expensive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2341.jpg  
    The 82nd Airborne Taught Us To Make the Rules Not Follow Them Like Sheeple

Boolit Master
    That press looks nice and it's good to see one restored!
    Some folks here might find it interesting, that this press was Hollywood's option for a more affordable press.
    Disclaimer: The info and terms in "quotes" below was obtained from Hollywood literature.
    Patented in 1956 and advertised to load pistol, rifle, shotgun shells and swage bullets from .22 through .375. If you ordered the optional 1 1/2" "die holder casting" you could load shotgun shells. I have also seen the "die holder casting" painted with the same "crackle" paint as the base and handle. At some point, the "cylindrical shell holder" was steel and zinc or nickle coated, as were the 3 big "rods" and the 2 "straps", to prevent corrosion (I assume). Later models it was anodized aluminum. The nifty "shell holder collar nut" was partially knurled so you could give it a quick twist to change shell holders. That collar nut is often missing on some presses and has been replaced with a hex nut. Don't let the picture fool you, those 3 long "rods" are 3/4" steel and this press weighs just under 20 pounds.
    Last edited by John Wayne; 12-24-2023 at 04:15 PM.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Mold
    Great job on that! I have one of the huge 12 station turret presses, needs at least one priming assembly. I love almost any old tools. I'm brand new here.
    I still have all nine fingers!

Boolit Master
    In my post above I said this "At some point, the "cylindrical shell holder" was steel and zinc or nickle coated, as were the 3 big "rods" and the 2 "straps", to prevent corrosion (I assume)".
    So, I have since had the press in the lab of an anodizing company and under x-ray analysis they determined the plating is Cadmium. Cadmium plating is used by the aeronautical and marine industry for corrosion protection on steel parts. This makes perfect sense as many Hollywood craftsman were from the aeronautical industry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hollywood Junior 3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	322791
    Last edited by John Wayne; 02-01-2024 at 11:21 AM.
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Great job, Love restorations

On water northern Mn . 1903.colt's Avatar
    I do find this all very interesting!
    03hummerh2 is a backslider caution Will Robinson