Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Wideners

Thread: For thought and meditation Wed Dec 20, 2023

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Wed Dec 20, 2023

DEVOTION
    Too Wonderful for Words
    by Greg Laurie on Dec 20, 2023
    Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words!
    —2 Corinthians 9:15

Something that people often overlook when they think about the birth of Jesus is that the beautiful Child born in Bethlehem and placed in a manger was born to die. It’s hard for us to think about the fact that those soft baby hands would one day grow into the hands of a strong Man with spikes driven through them.

It’s hard for us to think about the fact that the little feet of the baby Jesus would one day be nailed to a cross of wood, and the little forehead of the Babe in the manger, so loved by His mother, would one day be crowned with thorns.

But know this: He came with a purpose. He didn’t come to this earth simply to show us how to live a good life and give us the greatest teachings that humanity has ever heard. Nor did He come merely to perform miracles and show us the truth about life. Jesus Christ did that and more. Yet He was born in Bethlehem with the express purpose of going to a cross and dying.

From the moment He arrived on Planet Earth, Jesus Christ lived in the shadow of the cross. He was born to die so that we might live.

The wise men had insight into His purpose when they brought the unusual gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. They gave Him gold because the Child would be a King. They gave Him frankincense because they recognized that He would be our High Priest representing us to God. And they brought Him myrrh, which is used for embalming.

They recognized the King, the High Priest, would die for our sins. And He would give us the ultimate gift, which the Bible calls a “gift too wonderful for words” (2 Corinthians 9:15 NLT). Or, as the New King James Version renders it, “His indescribable gift.”

Have you ever received an indescribable gift? Probably not. You might be able to describe an unusual gift, or perhaps you saw it somewhere before. But this gift from God is indescribable. It is inexpressible. And it is eternal.

Let’s say that someone hands you a beautifully wrapped box and says, “Merry Christmas!” So, you reach out and take the gift, and then they say, “That will be $29.95.”

That isn’t a gift. That’s a sale.

However, God has offered us a gift, no strings attached. Although it is free to us, it was bought with the blood of Christ. It’s the gift of eternal life.

So, what do we need to do? We need to reach out and take the gift, receive it, enjoy it, and use it. God is offering us the forgiveness of all our sin. Don’t miss that. God is offering us the removal of our guilt.

If you’ve never asked Christ to come into your life, if you’ve never asked Him to forgive your sins, if you’ve tried to find fulfillment in things, relationships, or even in Christmas itself and always come up short, then it’s time to come to the God whom Christmas is all about.

Have a blessed day..
    Last edited by Markopolo; 12-20-2023 at 12:37 AM.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

Thank you for posting this message Markco. I'll be using this.

Boolit Master

Amen, thank God for calling me into His family.

Boolit Master
    Hallelujah, Thank you Jesus for saving me.

Great message, "the reason for the season". Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.