WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you find COAL/CBTO

Boolit Grand Master

I've been using the split case method for many years. Works for me.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Yeah, but a mold rabbit hole is lots cheaper than a gun rabbit hole, LOL
    I do not subscribe to the theory that an out of spec barrel issue can be corrected by experimenting with oversized bullets. Considering the time and components that will be needed to conduct such an experiment.

If you find such endeavors satisfying then it's your choice. I simply make other choices.

Apparently this is a subject we do not agree on. And I'll refrain from joking about it.

I was given a Hornady case length gauge, been pretty happy with it. The 5/16-32 doesn't sound right for the tap size. I'll have to check what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    I was given a Hornady case length gauge, been pretty happy with it. The 5/16-32 doesn't sound right for the tap size. I'll have to check what I use.
    I can't remember what I use but I know is pretty unusual. I think I remember where I put it. I'll check when I get home.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    You are probably correct. I knew it was an oddball and 1/4-28 isn't really odd enough. I can't lay my eyes on my tap at the moment.
    Typo on my part. It's 5/16 X 36

https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...y-o-a-l-gauge/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...T2UEIIAS3G5PNZ[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 12-20-2023 at 04:54 PM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    I do the cleaning rod method. Easy to do at the range. But that just gives you a COL for that bullet, that seating depth. I usually add .005" to the COL to give a slight seat to the throat, and start load development from there.

[/QUOTE]

Found my tap. 5/16-36 is correct.

Dug my tap out, yup 5/16-36, ordered right off amazon. 32 just didn't sound right to this old guy's ears. Made a number of my own, that tap has been paid for several times over. Finding Hornady dummy cartridges for the tool is interesting when you are looking for things like 318 Westley Richards or 8x60S.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Dug my tap out, yup 5/16-36, ordered right off amazon. 32 just didn't sound right to this old guy's ears. Made a number of my own, that tap has been paid for several times over. Finding Hornady dummy cartridges for the tool is interesting when you are looking for things like 318 Westley Richards or 8x60S.
    Indeed. They don't offer just anything. Which is fine. Not a big deal to work around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12