Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: For thought and meditation Mon Dec 18 2023

USMC 77, USRA 79

For thought and meditation Mon Dec 18 2023

The Gift of Worship
    by Greg Laurie on Dec 18, 2023

After this interview the wise men went their way. And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was.
    —Matthew 2:9

As the years go by, it’s interesting to see what Christmas gifts have fallen in and out of fashion. For instance, the hottest gift of 1975 was the Sony Betamax. It recorded television programs and came with a whopping price tag of $2,300.

Another popular, less-expensive gift from the same year was the mood ring. It changed colors according to whatever mood you were in. And believe it or not, it was one of the hottest gifts of that time.

Also hitting the market in 1975 was the pet rock, which simply was a rock in a box. But it was one of the biggest gifts of the year, and 1.3 million of them were sold.

For Christmas in 1983, people stood in line for hours for the Cabbage Patch Kids doll. They were almost impossible to get.

The Bible tells us about gifts that mysterious messengers from the East brought to Jesus. They were called Magi, and in keeping with their office, they were schooled in astrology, astronomy, and mathematics.

Although the Magi brought three gifts—gold, frankincense, and myrrh—the Bible doesn’t say there were three wise men. And calling them the kings of the East isn’t accurate, either, as they were more like kingmakers, those who would influence the king.

They made the journey from the East and arrived in Jerusalem. There they had an audience with King Herod, and they inquired about this King of the Jews. And then they made their way to Bethlehem, following the star and looking for a newborn King.

They understood what their objective was. They realized what was more important than anything else—that it was a time for worship. And God invaded their world.

There is only one God who is worthy of our worship, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ whom we celebrate at Christmas. Whatever world you live in, whatever lifestyle you have chosen, and whatever belief system you have, Jesus Christ can invade it.

The Magi, or so-called wise men, were into astrology. They looked to the stars to chart their course and guide them into the future. So, God came to them in a way that they could understand: through a star that guided them out of the darkness and into the light.

They made their way to where the child Jesus was, and they brought their gifts to Him. This serves as a reminder that wherever we are and whomever we know, no one is beyond the reach of God.

Maybe you have children that you’ve raised in the way of the Lord, but they’ve grown up and have gone astray. Maybe you won’t even see them this Christmas. Or maybe you will, but you know there will be tension. You wonder how and when God will ever get hold of them. But know this: God always has His people in every place to reach the lost, no matter their background or what they believe.

God reached the Magi and brought them to faith. And He can reach your family, your children, and your friends as well.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    I know many friends struggling with their lost kids right now.
    Thanks Marko!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Master

Amen.

Great message of hope and joy.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.