Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: LW 9.3 Boolits

Boolit Master

LW 9.3 Boolits

Used to have a 9.3x62 rifle and all the mould accessories, but it got sold. Years later I picked up a Husqvarna 9.3x57 and purchased some cast boolits from several members here. They were all in the 280 grain area. I’m thinking I want to try some lighter weight boolits, maybe 200-240 grains or so. Problem is I can’t find a supplier for them. Not looking to buy another mould, just somebody or supplier.
    Last edited by Uncle Grinch; 12-17-2023 at 06:24 AM.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Nobody has any LW 9.3 Boolits?
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

I swage 200 grain 0.375" Hornaday bullets meant for the 38/55 down to 0.367" using an NOE Cast bullet sizer.
    I have no idea of how they work on game, but they give me a very nice 50 yard group.
    Use Gordon's Reloading tool (free download - short learning curve) to select a powder and load then confirm it in a manual.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    I haven't seen any lighter weight 9.3mm bullets for sale. If you do choose to cast you're own rather than buy, Cast Bullet Engineering has several weights of 9.3 molds. Accurate Molds (page 11) has several designs in 9.3mm. Accurate's #37-196B and #37-196BG might be just what you're looking for. NOE makes really good molds, but the only 9.3mm mold that they have that would be a good fit in your rifle is a 285 grain bullet. I know that you said that you wanted to buy finished cast bullets, but if what you want is not on the market you can always make your own.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    I haven't seen any lighter weight 9.3mm bullets for sale. If you do choose to cast you're own rather than buy, Cast Bullet Engineering has several weights of 9.3 molds. Accurate Molds (page 11) has several designs in 9.3mm. Accurate's #37-196B and #37-196BG might be just what you're looking for. NOE makes really good molds, but the only 9.3mm mold that they have that would be a good fit in your rifle is a 285 grain bullet. I know that you said that you wanted to buy finished cast bullets, but if what you want is not on the market you can always make your own.
    Investing in a melting pot ladle and mold, and learning how to powder coat will give you excellent bullets that will harvest almost any game in North America out to 200 yards.
    I have a 200 Grain Gas check mold from Accurate and one of the last Charles Darnell single stroke gas check makers.

Both were well worth the investment and allows me to shoot more on less money now.

You may try paper-patching a 200 gr. .358” cast bullet. Two wraps of tracing paper will make the diameter 0.368”. I have made them work for my 9.3x74R rifle. No custom molds or sizing dies are needed.
    DRB #2276 President's Hundred 2021

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Investing in a melting pot ladle and mold, and learning how to powder coat will give you excellent bullets that will harvest almost any game in North America out to 200 yards.
    I have a 200 Grain Gas check mold from Accurate and one of the last Charles Darnell single stroke gas check makers.

Both were well worth the investment and allows me to shoot more on less money now.
    Thanks, but I’ve been casting Boolits since the mid 70’s and have a fair collection of mould, sizers, gas checks and lubrisizers. Haven’t moved into powder coating and am happy with my lubes.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Was looking at the NOE website and they seem to be the only site with several choices on 9.3 bullet weights and designs. Anyone familiar with this design…

https://accuratemolds.com/bullet_det...bullet=37-215B
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

That does look like a pretty nice design.

Heavier than what you're after but I'm fixin' to try this one.
    https://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet...bullet=37-275A

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    Was looking at the NOE website and they seem to be the only site with several choices on 9.3 bullet weights and designs. Anyone familiar with this design…

I have the 200 grain Accurate mold in 0.668" diameter and it gives excellent accuracy at 2000 FPS with 5744

For plinking and small game loads,I’ve always thought that the Lee 366” 9mm Makarov 95? gr might work in a 9.3 mm rifle.
    But I traded my 9.3 x 62 mm CZ away before I could try it……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received an email to make an offer on a 9.3 NEI double cavity, one cavity 165 grains, the other 220 grains.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Recoil View Post
    You may try paper-patching a 200 gr. .358” cast bullet. Two wraps of tracing paper will make the diameter 0.368”. I have made them work for my 9.3x74R rifle. No custom molds or sizing dies are needed.
    This is why I like this site! Thinking way out of the box!
    I will have to give this a try.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    I just received an email to make an offer on a 9.3 NEI double cavity, one cavity 165 grains, the other 220 grains.
    165 grains - that will be an interesting load to try, Big enough to harvest moose, bear, and rabbits out to 175 to 200 yards.

Boolit Master

Thanks guys! I have much more success post on this site than any of the other that I frequent. So many good
    D suggestions.

Merry Christmas to all!
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Gordon's Reloading tool can give you an idea of the best powder and starting (and max ) loads for these bullets.
    it is free download or you can choose to pay

Boolit Master
    What’s the normal land diameter for a 9.3 x 62 ? And how much over land diameter can the boolit be sized to and still be successful as a paper patched projectile? Seems like Pdawg shooter recommended from land diameter on up to .0015” over land diameter. Maybe I should’a asked this over at the smokeless P.P. Sub forum…
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post

Probably workable as a starting point. . .

I don't THINK there's much need for a crimp groove with that round, or if it is, the one on that bullet design might be better placed to put the gas check flush with the back of the neck. Tom could make either alteration easily enough. Otherwise, looks like one heck of a deer bullet for the cartridge.

I REALLY like what Ranch Dog did with NOE on his three ".30 Caliber Short Necks", each designed as a tumble lube/gas check/flat nose bullet specifically for the 7.62x39, .300 Savage, and .308 Winchester. The 9.3x62 - not having much of a neck - would probably benefit greatly from the same concept.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    What’s the normal land diameter for a 9.3 x 62 ? And how much over land diameter can the boolit be sized to and still be successful as a paper patched projectile? Seems like Pdawg shooter recommended from land diameter on up to .0015” over land diameter. Maybe I should’a asked this over at the smokeless P.P. Sub forum…
    With all calibers of cast bullets I get the best accuracy from bullets sized 0.002" over groove diameter.
    In fact i size the bullet to a size where the loaded cartridge chambers easily but is 0.002" or more over groove diameter.