Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Powder Trickler

Boolit Master

Powder Trickler

@Moiecol started this thread about a 3D printer Powder Trickler:
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...21#post5656921 Since the thread was started we later found this 3D printing sub-forum, so I figured I'd post my print here.

Moiecol was so nice to send a link for the stl file I wanted to print it myself. This is the link Moiecol sent for the file on thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2846719

As the programmer says the hole in the body will need to be reamed with a 10mm drill bit, but I found a 13/32" actually a better fit. Here's the 3D print I did with IMR-3031 powder - it trickles nicely. As well as the 40 yr old RCBS trickler I've been using for more years than I like to count.

Rather than reaming the hole to 10mm, I suspect it would work good to scale the tube down by 2% or so to make it fit. Since the body takes a couple hrs to print while the tube is <1/2 the time I might work with the tube to reduce the size.

Boolit Mold
    I printed mine in PETG, had some minor fitting on the tube that 320 grit solved after reaming the base. I still haven't weighted the base.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

@Moiecol started this thread about a 3D printer Powder Trickler:
    https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...21#post5656921 Since the thread was started we later found this 3D printing sub-forum, so I figured I'd post my print here.
    Ken, I moved that thread to this forum as you suggested.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Hey, that two color looks good. I've always thought it'd be neat to have a dual extruder so it would be easy to print two colors in an object. Sure would make text stand out.

You did good Steve - until somebody mentioned it I didn't realize we had a 3D printing sub forum.

I sure do enjoy my toys - from 3D printer, laser and other neat toys for my old age. I didn't have room for them on a 40 ft sailboat along with a wife and two girls. Now they're all grown up and moved out..... and I sold the boat and purchased a house.

Thank you for sharing the file with us, it sure looks like a handy little tool, will print it and give it a try!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I used to always use a trickler, until one day I started using my thumb and forefinger. A trickler is better, if you are using a balance bean scale.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I used to always use a trickler, until one day I started using my thumb and forefinger. A trickler is better, if you are using a balance bean scale.
    I've used my thumb 'n forefinger more than once over the years myself. Anything in a pinch