MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone having mail problems?

Anyone having mail problems?

Has anyone been having problems with paper mail getting where it needs to be lately ? Figured it's because it's its around Christmas but I've sent a few money orders out and apparently some of them haven't gotten where they need to be and it's kind frustrating. And I mean there only goin two or three states over and still nothing over a week.
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Buddy

Waited 12 days for letter from Texas. Waited 12 days for my letter to get to Missouri. This are noy Christmas delays. End of July or early August sent a donation for this website. Stll waiting! GW

Boolit Master

service is getting worse - rural carriers not right skills set, always in a huge hurry

Boolit Master

2 day delivery is now 3 to 4 but anything ordered from Amazon is almost overnight
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master
    Ah yes! I didn’t get bills for 3 months! And it wasn’t cause I didn’t owe the utilities any money lol! It’s got nothing to do with xmass! Post office quit hiring qualified personnel! And the ones they hire don’t want to work and the can’t be fired very easily! It’s gotten worse in the last 3 years! Gee wonder why? The new woke America!!!!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

Small'ish country P.O. here... used to be literally one room affair. About 20 years ago they moved into a neighboring building but still,about like a small McDonald's.

About 5 years ago? There was a(another) blip in the overall USPS scheme of things and our "satellite" P.O. came within a whisker of being permanently closed. Which would've been bad for folks around here. We all had our fingers crossed that they remained open.

Last Thursday,went up there to snag a cpl (overdue) pkgs and was speaking to my friend who works there. She is extremely efficient and kind person so,not busting on their service. I asked her about the "normal" increase in mail round Christmas. She was,oh heck NO..... she said this year is completely out of line with the amount. 3 times the traffic. The day before,during her shift they unloaded 1800 pkgs... not letters. And the day before that was 12 pallets of Amazon stuff.

Not making excuses,just passing it along. Have a good day.

Boolit Master
    Worst year ever.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    everyone and their brother is waiting on packages from just about every business in the country so those nice gift wrapped boxes can be under the tree before the big man comes from the north to spread joy around the world to every boy and girl, brother and sister, mother and father on the night the holy savior was born.
    welcome to the holiday season.

had to report missing mail 3 different days last week that informed delivery showed as being scheduled 0
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Waiting on a package, supposed to be delivered today (Monday). Saturday it was 10 miles from its destination, today it is 150 miles from its destination. No rhyme or reason sometimes.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    Getting to where I pay my bills on line. I mail all my bills that are due the first 10
    days of the month sometimes a week before the 1st. I had one email that I had
    missed a payment. It arrived 2 weeks late. I mailed it
    On th 28th of Oct and it got there on Nov 25. It ain't what it used to be.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LenH View Post
    Getting to where I pay my bills on line. I mail all my bills that are due the first 10
    days of the month sometimes a week before the 1st. I had one email that I had
    missed a payment. It arrived 2 weeks late. I mailed it
    On th 28th of Oct and it got there on Nov 25. It ain't what it used to be.
    PY all bills online as well. Works well.

Our PO cannot find people to work. I know two people looking for work, but they will not work there. Strange society we have become.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Yes Sir ... Checks stolen from envelops we brought to the post office for mailing ...
    bad guy's got them , altered names and amounts and cashed checks for cash .

Bank was clueless ... Post office knows nothing

Post Office has a big security problem and they don't have any answers .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ascast View Post
    service is getting worse - rural carriers not right skills set, always in a huge hurry
    Not just rural carriers. Our local PO has been advertising for mail carriers for 1-1/2 years now. They must be understaffed, our mail person used to come by at about 1-2pm in the afternoon, now they deliver at 9pm at night and they come screaming past the mailbox half the time, not even bothering to stop and check.

The whole system seems broken. I ordered something as a Christmas present in early October. 4 weeks later it said "out for delivery" in a location 3 States away Outside. Got a refund and repeated the order (hoping it was just a fluke and I got a refund anyway), and the 2nd one is listed 4 weeks later as out for delivery in a state 2,500 miles away Outside. Got a refund for that one also. Then 3 weeks later they both showed up. Egads.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    I went to online payments a couple years back when things went crazy. Ticked me off that I getting overdue notices from several places including the electric company. Never been late, most totally understood what was happening but some showed their posterior.

Our mail used to be very consistent but now we never know when it will run. I think some has been delivered during the night. I have a few things to sell here but will wait till after Christmas.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I sent checks to two forum members for items they were selling and I got their stuff while they are still waiting for my checks.

Boolit Master
    My mailman lives 1/8 th of a mile from me and brings the mail to the house most days. He said he has been working until 9-10 pm and normally would be home by 4-5. They are just overwhelmed I guess. I think it’s been slow also.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had a few missing letters over the last 2 years. The last one, 2 mouths ago was for my yard service. Mailed it on the 20th of October. Got a double bill for November showing non pay for October. Called them to apologize and mailed the October and November bill. They all arrived there at the same time and the yard service guys Wife mailed my original October check back to me. Two Christmas's ago all of our Christmas cards that had checks in them disappeared. They mysteriously reappeared after we inquired about them!

We do all of out bill paying by auto-draft except for the ones that have not wet-up their billing that way.

To be fair, up until the last couple of years I have had very good service from the Post Office.
    Last edited by lightman; 12-11-2023 at 01:08 PM.

Boolit Master
    When I lived in AK,some of my mail came through Arkansas. Makes me think they don't use zip codes.

Now they have taken on Amazon delivery. My local PO have delivery folks that use personal vehicles for delivery. They don't have room in their POVs to carry all the packages so now they drop off a "can't deliver slip" and I have to go to the PO every few days to pickup Amazon packages. Also have to stand in line with a dozen others that are picking up Amazon stuff.

Boolit Master
    That's funny, all these folks that are always asking for money don't seem to have that problem. We normally get 16-18 such requests per day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast