Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALL-IN-ONE reloading box

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    Steve -- I believe the closest cigar store is about 70 miles distant, south of the border; or, about 80 kilometers (~50 miles) distant, north of the border . Hence, thanks to your brilliant suggestion I searched the e- auction site, and found a group of five 10 1/2" x 7 1/4" boxes which may meet my wants. Not the least expensive of purchases, but they cost less than a new Ford F150... Thanks you again for the suggestion -- my mind had been stuck on Plano-type plastic boxes, but all those I found had dividers which would have not allowed the plastic die boxes the dies come in to fit.
    This is indeed the greatest of forums, evidenced by folks like you!Attachment 320838
    geo
    Those are great boxes, I have one given to me by my father, though it was filled slightly differently:

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne View Post
    They do, he is on ebay...alli44502 Pictured is my 1050 stand but he also has 550 and 650 stands plus a nice casefeeder plate stand.
    Attachment 320867Attachment 320868
    Yeah, I have the quick load mounts that Dillon sells with the slot for shell plate and retainer pin holes. I was more thinking something more robust with spot for the case feed parts, case guage, etc.

George, George, George you are moving too fast. You need to get those boxes one at a time, full of cigars. Then as you smoke them down, you can cogitate on what reloading things to put in them.
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Moderator Emeritus

UPDATE ! I started this thread on 10 December, and thanks much (!!!) to suggesters -- I took minerat's, and purchased a few cigar boxes (eBay) which were made in Nicaragua that have filled my needs/wants to perfection! I glued a data sheet on cartridge to the inner top lid; have the spec-stuff under the Lee boxes holding much of my goodies; have two sets of press shell-holders in the plastic bags at top left, and even had room for the L E Wilson shell holder for the case trimmer. Of course, the main-Jane shell holders are already mounted and live in the Dillon 550b assembly along with two dummy (no powder, spent primer) cartridges. Pretty much all my other calibres have less "extra's" -- the .45 Colt and .221 Remington Fireball having the most.
    Anyhoos -- with much thanks to all, I reckoned I'd take a photo or two -- this the .45 Colt -- and post what to me is a big success!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cigar box.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	321328 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colt 45 Box.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	321329
    geo

That great George and the box looks nice too.

But its just too organized for me. I'd miss pawing around on the bench looking for a top punch or shell holder. Lol.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    That great George and the box looks nice too.

But its just too organized for me. I'd miss pawing around on the bench looking for a top punch or shell holder. Lol.
    That, Minerat -- "pawing around on the bench looking for a top punch or shell holder." is what precipitated it all! I mailed two Ruger .45 Colt cylinders to DougGuy for some of his magic and reckoned I should put together some "OCD-made" ammo for when they came back. Sadly -- actually quite the opposite -- the cylinders came back in record time -- I had a major snafu looking for a specialized die I had bought on impulse, never used, but knew it was "here, somewhere!". I looked here, there, and everywhere, to -- last place I looked -- find it in the now-empty Redding die box the .45 Colt dies (now on a Dillon 550b plate) had come in. I would not be loose with the truth if I acknowledged more than two full hours searching and seeking -- including places I KNEW it would not be, but I had run out of options. Yup -- my very last look was in the Redding 3-die 45 Colt box!
    ...Which is why I am now elated to have this one done for my .45 Colt loading. I just finished, a month ago, my .221 Fireball stockpiling -- but that cigar box is next in line.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    geo

Boolit Master

I have dies, trimmers, etc. for each rifle or revolver that I have. They are in poly containers that I buy from either Wally world or the dollar store. They are the see thru type and they are labeled as to the exact firearm for which the contents are intended for use. Works for me anyway. james

Boolit Master
    I keep my dies in their original labeled boxes, grouped together in instances where I have more than one brand. The whole collection are stored in succesive bore size along the shelf they are stored upon.

As to trimmer components and reloading press shell holders, I use parts boxes from HF (etc.) with dividers.

I am blessed with my shooting range at 125 yds from my man cave though.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12