RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .357 SWC in a 36 cal Muzzleloader?

Boolit Mold
    I have owned two 36 caliber BP rifles and I shot 148gr hollow base wad cutters out of both of them and they shot great. One was a TC Seneca and the other was a Traditions Pennsylvania I should have never sold. Both were more than accurate enough for 100 yard or less deer hunting. IIRC I mostly used Hornady wad cutter bullets but did try some Speer. Both worked just fine. I don't remember the powder charges but they weren't heavy charges.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hatchet jack View Post
    I have owned two 36 caliber BP rifles and I shot 148gr hollow base wad cutters out of both of them and they shot great. One was a TC Seneca and the other was a Traditions Pennsylvania I should have never sold. Both were more than accurate enough for 100 yard or less deer hunting. IIRC I mostly used Hornady wad cutter bullets but did try some Speer. Both worked just fine. I don't remember the powder charges but they weren't heavy charges.
    Thanks I will see what I can find.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12