Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Who's this "Bulletmold" ebayer selling MP molds?

Who's this "Bulletmold" ebayer selling MP molds?

Havent been around in awhile, weather getting bad and have free time so Im playing with lead again. MP-Molds.com is acting all crummy, so I happened to google something and saw a suggested result for Ebay. Only thing is the mold I was looking at is like $112.83(unknown shipping) on MP-Molds and $209 + $10.20shipping. Is it the same guy just higher on Ebay to offset Ebay seller fees?
    Last edited by WantGrape; 11-29-2023 at 06:40 PM.

You can do a little bit of research on ebay sellers and sort of check & find out looking at their history & such.
    However; I always thought MP molds were more or less made to order
    and they didn't have some big stock of them like other makers.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    You can do a little bit of research on ebay sellers and sort of check & find out looking at their history & such.
    However; I always thought MP molds were more or less made to order
    and they didn't have some big stock of them like other makers.
    Seller description doesnt say a lot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPmoldebay.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	320439

Unless Im missing something, these are the 2 same molds right? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPmoldebayprice.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	320440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MPmoldprice.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	320441

He's been on there quite awhile. Usually the fakes & scammers get flushed out fairly soon.
    Another thing is to check on a seller's feed back.

Usually there are hundreds of good dealings people have for every 2-3 good ratings written/given.
    Anyone that has a bad experience will usually speak right up.

That seller has been on ebay since 2006.
    If it is the MP folks, it's a good marketing idea for them to run a few molds there.
    They get the free advertising angle, and probably make a few bucks too.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 11-29-2023 at 07:15 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Molds on ebay have been bringing more money than other sites and I think its just a guy buying and reselling new molds at a mark up.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

There's a guy on Gunbroker offering dies and moulds at double the retail price that they go for on the OEM's site. The collector-ammo guys list stuff at 2x 3x the strike prices for comparable items that do sell. Ditto some old guns that my searches turn up. I have to guess that they're hoping for some "greater fool" to bite without doing any due diligence. The listings costs nothing until the item sells, so why not? I stopped selling on evilBay almost ten years ago, so I can't know what their fee schedule is now, but if it's like GB the thinking must be the same.
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    There's a guy on Gunbroker offering dies and moulds at double the retail price that they go for on the OEM's site. The collector-ammo guys list stuff at 2x 3x the strike prices for comparable items that do sell. Ditto some old guns that my searches turn up. I have to guess that they're hoping for some "greater fool" to bite without doing any due diligence. The listings costs nothing until the item sells, so why not? I stopped selling on evilBay almost ten years ago, so I can't know what their fee schedule is now, but if it's like GB the thinking must be the same.
    I sell a few items here and there, I think their fee is like 20% but I dont really pay attention.

The eBay MP molds seller is really expensive. I’ll bet you could order direct from Mihec, and the eBay dude at the same time and receive your MP mold in 4 days without sales tax and save 20% or more. MP molds is a fantastic business to deal with, he never disappoints.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah, he's a bit more expensive, but when you need something and can't find it anywhere else... I contacted Mihec a couple of times and he told me that if enough people requested the mold I wanted then he would make some but didn't know when that would be. I had seen the same mold on ebay through BULLETMOLDS and like others I said to myself that guy is expensive. I decided to order anyways and added the S&W 500 502-385 Hollow Point mold to my cart. I paid for it on July 31, 2023 and had it in my hands on August 5th. Shipping was a whopping $10.20, taxes will vary by state/county. I opened the box, pulled out a beautiful brass mold and began casting with it. The rest is history. Only possible way I could have saved any money is if MP Molds had the exact same mold at the exact same time. Being that he didn't have it and the wait could be eternal...I would have wasted any money saved just waiting for who knows how long. I made my first 263 S&W 500 magnum bullets that same weekend and have never regretted spending the extra money. Good thing too because if I hadn't bought the ebay mold I was going to buy a 20 round box at the store for about $70...I now laugh at what I paid for one mold...I think I could have done worse, good luck OP.
    Last edited by THE_ANTIDOTE; 11-30-2023 at 02:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like supply and demand. You need it now, you might pay a whole lot more.