Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lubricant for brass in tungsten carbide die?

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorite View Post
    This. I used imperial die wax too, but Bag Balm for the win. Your wife/GF will let you reload more if you use Bag Balm than Imperial.
    hahahahahaha
    My wife is the queen of creams, she has one for every use! I would never have thought that there are so many types of cream!

I think if you keep the Die clean, you can use a little wd40
    Now reading everyone, it might be good to look for a lubricant that doesn't leave much of an oily residue. I also use lanolin with alcohol, but it is also sticky. I have a spray with liquid Vaseline, which at least doesn't dry so quickly, so I'll try which one is best.

Continue using WD on your guns, keep the gun smiths in business. Never, ever, seen a new gun come from a factory sprayed with WD.... Dad was a WD guy, I was constantly cleaning rust off his tools and shop equipment. Love that crap, keeps a steady flow of repairs and refinishing coming in.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

If you are not going to wipe off the lubricant from each case ... what I do ...
    You might try Lee Case Resizing Lube . It is a water soluble , non-sticky , non-greasy , non-messy , wax like case lube ... it is used in industry as a metal forming lubricant .

What I do is dissolve as much Lee Case Resizing Lube in alcohol , as will dissolve , strain it and place it in a small spray bottle . Lay cases in shallow container , mist / spritz cases and agitate them around untill all are coated ... pour out on a towel and let them dry ... alcohol evaporates fast 2-3 mins and they dry .
    I resize with no mess and if you want to leave the thin wax on after reloading ... you can because there isn't much on them and it's not greasy or messy ...
    Just a thin dry wax film . Honestly ... most of comes off by just handling the cartridges ... it would be Just the Ticket for Your Needs !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    If you are not going to wipe off the lubricant from each case ... what I do ...
    You might try Lee Case Resizing Lube . It is a water soluble , non-sticky , non-greasy , non-messy , wax like case lube ... it is used in industry as a metal forming lubricant .

What I do is dissolve as much Lee Case Resizing Lube in alcohol , as will dissolve , strain it and place it in a small spray bottle . Lay cases in shallow container , mist / spritz cases and agitate them around untill all are coated ... pour out on a towel and let them dry ... alcohol evaporates fast 2-3 mins and they dry .
    I resize with no mess and if you want to leave the thin wax on after reloading ... you can because there isn't much on them and it's not greasy or messy ...
    Just a thin dry wax film . Honestly ... most of comes off by just handling the cartridges ... it would be Just the Ticket for Your Needs !
    Gary
    your idea is a very good idea
    The problem is that here in Argentina it is difficult to get, and very expensive, around 28 dollars a knob
    If I knew what it contained I would copy it and it would be a great solution

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234