WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 a.m., Monday morning, no snow, but.....

Boolit Master
    Mid 30s at night and mid 40s to 50s during the day. Still riding the motycycle to work, but am wearing the heated gloves.

Boolit Master

We are a little bit East of the snow belt off Lake Erie. At 9:30, Tuesday, the outdoor thermometer reads 26 degrees and there is a dusting of snow. The driveway is white, and the lawn about half and half. I heard a snowplow go by about 5:30 this morning, first time this season that I recall.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Moderator Emeritus

A little after 8 am this morning came back home to a brief snow shower. Hard to see in the pic but there was a wall of snow coming up the valley. I had never seen anything like that. It was cool. GF tried going inside for her phone to take a pic but it moved that fast. The other is Ruger looking at me like aren't you coming out to play with me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 (1).jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.6 KB 
ID:	320402

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0 (13).jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	320403

Boolit Master

This morning at 0600 it was 12 degrees. At 0847 - A balmy 16 degrees. Forecast thigh today is 32 Degrees. Winter is late this year; but it is here now.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Moderator Emeritus

Dropped t 7 last night for the low... pellet stoves heats when I am up, keeps my office at 80f LOL rest of the house is cooler!

Snow from day before yesterday is going away. 14 this morning.
    May Bell is coming down with seasonally effected cat disorder. She asks to go outside, halts as the arctic blast from the corn tundra strikes her whiskers and mopes.
    I'll break out the vacuum cleaner later and do something therapeutic.

Maybe top out at 30 degrees with a howling wind and lake effect snow here at 1700’ in Central NYS.

14 degrees this morning and 3” of new snow.
    Supposed to get 65mph winds later today so I will have some deep drifts in my driveway!
    I hate a warm house! I keep the thermostat at 64 F

Bob

Boolit Master
    YOYO weather around here lately. It's been bouncing back and forth between the single digits and the mid thirties. Heading down to zero tonight, but they forecast back up in the low forties by Friday. We got 6" last Wednesday but it's melted down and frozen into about 3" of crusty crud. Miserable walking.

Boolit Master

It was 14 degrees this morning under a Bright full moon when I left for the deer blind with about two inches of snow on the ground . I got to my blind at 7 am still dark and it was 18 in the blind high today was 26 degrees . Snow was on and off with bright blue sky between .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

It's coming! 6" forecast for Thursday, 5.5" for Friday, a bit more over the weekend. Won't see bare ground again after that until next April. I'll attach a photo or two when it happens.

DG

Boolit Master

Up in NW Wisconsin, about an hour south of Lake Superior, we woke up to about -10. Snowed a little in the last few days and it hasn't been warm enough during the day to melt it, but it is supposed to be up into the mid 30's most days this week. Had a completely brown deer season and snow free Thanksgiving this year, something that is becoming more and more common, it seems. I imagine the snow will be here in the next two weeks. The kids are getting antsy as the bikes and motorized summer toys are put away and the lakes are starting to ice up, but not enough to ice fish and no snow for snowmobiles.

Moderator Emeritus

Ours has really changed from anything consistent to a saw-tooth of highs and lows. Last week (in Fahrenheit) it was 11* in early morning; two days later up to 61*F! Then, we had rain/snow mix in the low 30*s, followed by a couple of days in the 18*F to 24* range.
    Right now it is 24*F as I type; Weather Underground suggests it will be a warm night, going down only to 20*F. Tomorrow's high is forecast at 28*F with a 50% chance of snow. When I came downstairs this morn (~6:15am) it was 17*F.

Boolit Master
    It's 53 right now and supposed to start raining. Really gonna' get nasty.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master
    As long as the fire is going inside the woman and I don’t care what’s going on outside.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Got down to 69 last night the coldest its been since spring. Will be warming up in the morning then cooler early next week.

Boolit Master
    Still a YoYo in northern Maine. It's been single digits at night and in the teens during the day for the last ten days, then yesterday it went up into the forties and it's raining, again. I really don't care for rain in the winter. I much preferred when everything stayed frozen from November until April.

Boolit Master
    Nice crisp 30 degrees this morning - first frost of the season for this winter.

Moderator Emeritus

Woke up to an unexpected dusting this morning. Only a couple of inches. Pretty.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image0 (14).jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	320852

Moderator Emeritus

Ice fog last night, everything is white with frost this morning!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast