Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What's Your Most Funnest .22 Rifle?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Here is the first two groups I shot with my Ruger American 22WMR standard at 100 yards. It’s a tack driver!

Vmax

Winchester 2250 fps tipped varmint ammo…

There’s a couple squirrels I shot the other day. The two head shots were at 60 yards and the big fox was a little over 100 yards running up a tree and I put the crosshairs weight on its nose and hit them behind the front shoulder. All freehand shots.

I installed an EGW rail on it so I can swap back and forth with nite vision. Never used the night vision scope but maybe someday?

My Ruger American wears a Williams FP receiver sight and is way more accurate than I can take advantage of. Just picked up a gently used Savage Mark III for a buck fifty. Replaced the rear sight with a Folding Marbles leaf and that thing is making one hole at 25 yards standing. I am not much of a marksman and that is extremely good for me.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Quote Originally Posted by kenrh View Post
    Even to this day after 60 years, my Browning BL-22 can still shoot bullseyes at 50 yards.

Attachment 321639
    Love those BL22's. Only reason I went with my Henry H001T is because it has an octagonal barrel.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Mine is a POF Rebel

Boolit Grand Master
    An old Anschutz .22 repeater my dad gave me almost 60 years ago. It is not like one of the fancy ones made today but I will never sell it. I have “better” .22’s but not better…if you know what I mean.

My dad passed 46 years ago. After all those years it still hurts. Just a wussy I guess. Have never met a better man.

About 6 weeks ago was with a group from church and I was talking about him. He was an atheist and I believe he had been sexually abused by members of the RC church when he was sent to a monastery to train for the priesthood at the age of 12. I broke down. He will not be in heaven when I get there as he rejected all religion. I will miss him for eternity.

I hope God would let me trade places with him. He deserves to be in heaven far more than I do…but I know it does work that way.

Wish I had not opened this thread.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    An old Anschutz .22 repeater my dad gave me almost 60 years ago. It is not like one of the fancy ones made today but I will never sell it. I have “better” .22’s but not better…if you know what I mean.

My dad passed 46 years ago. After all those years it still hurts. Just a wussy I guess. Have never met a better man.

About 6 weeks ago was with a group from church and I was talking about him. He was an atheist and I believe he had been sexually abused by members of the RC church when he was sent to a monastery to train for the priesthood at the age of 12. I broke down. He will not be in heaven when I get there as he rejected all religion. I will miss him for eternity.

I hope God would let me trade places with him. He deserves to be in heaven far more than I do…but I know it does work that way.

My dad also rejected religion, but he was a terrible father, grandfather, and great-grandfather who caused all sorts of emotional damage. But, he had great taste in fine firearms and since, in his words, he was fortunate to only impregnate one woman, I inherited all of them.

And of those, a few were .22s, and one of them just made me smile when I shot it.

It's a scaled down replica of a Winchester 1885 single-shot in .22lr...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230902_165322.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	323894
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

A Mossberg B46B With Mossberg Scope M4D.

Boolit Buddy
    Toss up between my Henry 001 big loop with a suppressor or my 10-22 with an aftermarket barrel, target scope and a suppressor.

Boolit Master

When I was a teen it was a marlin glenfield model 60 , shot that a lot and it was accurate , feed ramp being pot metal broke and so it went in a box for years till I bought parts cut stock and gave to a stepson , then it was a ruger 10-22 boy that one was accurate and dependable , I still have the original barrel and wood stock but front and rear sights I replaced as it saw a lot of use with friends kids and pest control .

Currently as favorite is a Remington Speedmaster model 241 since about 2001 , and today a fresh supply of Aguila showed up at my door , time to take it off wall and go see how it does .

But I have heavy barrel bolts and remington 552 and 572 and they are all fun and some good shooting rifles also but growing up watching what my dad could do with his 572 and that 3/4 in weaver 6 power scope and whatever store bought shells were cheapest still impresses me to this day compared to what most use today .

Gave my late model 10/22 some exercise yesterday. At 35 yards offhand it will make .75" groups no problem in spite of the dummy pulling the trigger!

Boolit Buddy

These Belgium Browning SA-22's, all three are equally favorite.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shtur View Post
    These Belgium Browning SA-22's, all three are equally favorite.
    Very nice! The wood on that bottom one is breathtaking!

I inherited my Grandfather's Remington Speedmaster in .22 Short, which is a copy of the Browning design. It's a bit of fun to shoot.

Name:	3hzwQl1ySAmMovFNk4_G7w.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	324480
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post

I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings with these words. I do not believe in any god nor profess any religion, although I have been educated in a Catholic school. Over the years, working as an emergency surgeon in a hospital in the suburbs of Buenos Aires, I have seen so many things that I don't make sense of Christianity, other than the interests of the church.
    If your own father was the best man you have ever known, think about yourself as a father, there is nothing better than having your own son remember you as you remember him. I wish that in 60 years my daughter would say the same about me!

This one is the most fun. It just sort of happened, it started with a 10/22 receiver that I found at the bottom of my safe while packing up after we'd sold our house last fall. It had been a while since I built a 10/22 so while packing up I set aside any 10/22 stuff I had figuring I'd make a rifle.

I had a Franklin binary trigger I bought a couple of year prior on a whim, never installed it. I found an E. Arthur Brown M1 Carbine "Tribute" rear sight, JWH extended charging handle, Timber Creek extended mag release, a couple trigger assemblies, a bolt, a Volquartsen extractor and spring, and a Kidd guide rod and spring. Didn't have a barrel or a stock though.

When I was on gunpartscorp.com looking for stuff, there was a Samson BT-M side folding stock listed for $195, too good to be true I thought, price mistake, I'm just not that lucky. I bit anyway and ordered, it actually showed up. I ordered the sling swivels and hand guard that go with it from Samson. The 16 inch threaded barrel with flash hider came from SAP Outfitters. The sling is a 1-1/4" M1 Carbine style sling that a guy makes and sells on ebay. I'd bought it for an Iver Johnson 9MM M1 Carbine I have but wound up using the regular 1" sling for it.

It's just a range toy but it runs like a top with CCI Mini mags, surprisingly accurate given the mismatched sights, and is definitely my "funnest" .22, even it's a little over the top for a 10/22.

Name:	Fun 1022 001.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	324521

Name:	Fun 1022 002.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	324522

Name:	Fun 1022 003.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	324523

Boolit Master
    POF rebel

Boolit Bub
    Without a doubt the one my dad bought new in 1969 when I was 3 years old, and gave to me 10 years ago. Marlin 39A.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20240314_075854_Gallery.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by The Appalacian View Post
    Without a doubt the one my dad bought new in 1969 when I was 3 years old, and gave to me 10 years ago. Marlin 39A.

Hey, my Marlin 39A is a twin to yours, and a '69 build also. They are great rifles but I must stand by my original pick of my Remington 121 pump action as my funest. It just has a fit that makes it an off-hand shooter extrodinare.

What scope do you have on your Marlin? Looks like an old Weaver ''Marksman'' 3-9.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456