RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Most Funnest .22 Rifle?

My most fun rifle is a 14" suppressed Marlin 7000T, "zip zip zip"

Very very close second is the Winchester 67, such a simple and good looking rifle.
    I'd love to have something like it in .38spl
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    – P. J. O’Rourke

Boolit Bub
    I would go with my very first gun I received for Christmas at age seven. A single shot Ithaca 49. I am fortunate to also have a Marlin 780 bolt action, a Ruger 77 and a Winchester 94 XTR, all with scopes. All are excellent. The sights on the little Ithaca are fine enough for small targets, such as empty shotgun hulls. It's surprising how fast you can blow through a 50 round box of ammo with a single shot! There is a constant quest for increased magazine capacity for all guns these days, so it's a hoot to slow things down so that each shot is savored.

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    I have to go way back
    Last edited by sailcaptain; 12-03-2023 at 10:26 AM. Reason: wrong site
    Zucca 1:1 Kill Your TV

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    You asked for the “funnest”, well I agree with PWorley, its my grandfathers Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1062.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	320574Remington No.4 Rolling Block.
    I was taught to shoot using this gun. My father would bring me to the town dump back in the 60’s and while he was unloading the truck I could shoot the rats I saw. Back then they didn’t frown on things like this and encouraged it.
    I was given 5 - .22 cal Shorts. Thats what I could shoot in the time frame we had. And my father would count the shots and make sure ALL 5 were shot.
    I still have the rifle and 2 boxes of shorts for it.
    Somewhere along the years the front site was knocked off. So the search goes on for a replacement for that.
    Zucca 1:1 Kill Your TV

Mine is my CZ 512 22 mag. I know, the ammo cost too much but this rifle shoots groups that make even me look good and it has some punch to boot. 40 gr Federal fmj's clock a flat 2000 fps out it this gun. I took out a loan and bought a CZ 10 rnd magazine!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

My model 75 Winchester with a 15 power Unertl.

Boolit Mold
    Cooper model 57M-TRP set up for RFBR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2336.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	320691

Hands down my 1st year 1963 anchutz 54 sporter in 22lr. Shot it enough that I had to hand fit another single claw extractor.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Boolit Man
    The one I like to shoot the most is my Winchester M69A match version.

Boolit Buddy
    My funnest .22 rifle is a rather mundane looking Marlin Model 25N. I have hit houseflies at 25 yards with it. It shoots 1/2" at 50 yards if I do my part. Many a squirrel has fallen to it.
    NRA Life 1992
    My avatar is almost a dead ringer for my little buddy Chico. Six pounds of mean that thought he was a Pit Bull. Miss that little guy.

Boolit Master
    Winchester model 60.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

Boolit Master
    Either of the Marlin Model 60s or the Savage B22 FVSR. All shoot very tight groups with CCI SV and lots of fun

I love my CZ 457. It will ring a 1” at 100 yds all day with Eley Tenex, and about 2-3” with cci std target. With a 20moa rail it’s fun to shoot at 200-300 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 34 pre A standard and a pre A 36 bull barrel!!
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

My grail gun when I was a kid in 1960 (age 14), was a Winchester Model 62, just like the shooting galleries at the county fair. IIRC, they got a quarter for ten shots and if you completely shot out the red dot you got a Winchester just like the ones chained to the wood counter.

I was in my late 40's before I quenched that particular lust, and found a 62A that was in super condition. Hell, even the hammer sides didn't show much bluing loss. I found it was in good shape mechanically and accurate enough, tho even at that tender age, my eyes were starting to dim. I replaced the front sight with a Lyman white ivory dot and installed a tang peep which helped with the eye sight problems immeasurably.

A couple of years later I ran across a Model 61 in similar shape and that joined the 62 for Saturday plinking chores. Every kid I coached back then liked the 61's hammerless design better, but maybe also because I had scoped it with one of those cute Redfield 3/4" .22 scopes. It's still set up that way and with CCI Standard's it'll keep 5 shots under 3/8" at 32 yards off my porch rail. There are a thousand dead starlings here on the farm that absolutely hate that old gun.

Here's the pic of them together...given the herculean task of choosing only one, it'd be tough but I'd probably hang onto the M-62. The 2nd pic is my current love...a Marlin 39 Century Limited with that octagon bbl., that really lightens it for carry. It's a tack driver but the 62's still my best girl. YMMv Rod

Rod

That's three fine .22 rifles you have there, Rod! I'm sure each one is a pleasure in it's own way.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Grand Master
    Like Sasquatch-1, the Rem. Nylon 66 also in Apache Black. Don't know how many cases of 22's I have put thru that gun. Of course, in second place a nose behind is my Marlin 39A, circa 1974, that I know I have put at least 3 cases of 22's thru it without a hitch.
    Now the funnest gun was at a Machine gun shoot I went to one time and it was an American 180 drum fed machine gun. Think it held 177 rounds and took about 6 seconds to empty. The light was just right and it seemed like I could see the bullets going down range about 5 ft apart. Sadly, that shoot is no longer going on. That was a fun day!!!

Cheating a bit.....but this is six of the 510s and six of the 511s. Only six would fit in a picture. I did twelve 510s for the grand kids, I guess you could call those fun guns. The six 512s and 513s would be a bit over kill. I just have a fondness for those 500 series Rem 22s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0363.jpg   IMG_0364.jpg  
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

They were excellent rifles, some of the best .22 bolt actions ever made. I had a 512 as a kid, it went with me about everywhere I went. Modest price, great design, and quality build. I much prefer them to the like priced Winchesters of the day.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    They were excellent rifles, some of the best .22 bolt actions ever made. I had a 512 as a kid, it went with me about everywhere I went. Modest price, great design, and quality build. I much prefer them to the like priced Winchesters of the day.
    Yep, agreed. Dad got me a 511 Scoremaster when I was 7 and I miss that rifle. It spoiled me. I thought all rifles had triggers that crisp and accuracy that good.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast