Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: cant get beta master crony to work...need a little assistance

Boolit Buddy

cant get beta master crony to work...need a little assistance

hey guys,
    i bought one of these a long time ago. i used it about a dozen times and all worked fine.
    i had purchased a magnetospeed and using ever since. the other day i decided to get the master crony out &
    i must have lost the phone cable that connects the remote to the main unit. here`s the rub...

i found a 4pin phone line around and tried it. i plugged both ends in and it made the unit come on with out having to turn the unit on by the switch ( its not supposed to do this ) but i tried the chrony any how in the same conditions as i had always used it and it would not register a shot. just had the same charactors on the screen as when you turned it on. so, i thought i`d buy a 6pin phone line because thats what the connector in the remote & the main unit have. i thought that might be the problem.

so i took the new 6pin line and plugged it in to both units, turned the switch on and nothing happened, would not come on.

so i`m wondering if there is a certain phone cord thats needed to make this thing operate.

i did check the sensors to make sure they were "on" (manual tells you how to do that).

i know it was not sky conditions, where i was placing the shot, or other user issues. i believe its in the type of phone line needed. and since the co. that made these is well out of business, i dont know where to go from here.

any help! thank you.

Boolit Buddy
    It may require a data cable, not a phone cable. A phone cable is a cross-over, where the wire ordering is the opposite of the other end.

A data cable is a straight through, where the wire ordering mirrors each end.

Can tell the difference by putting the two connectors side-by-side and looking at the ordering of the wire colors.

45_Colt

Boolit Buddy
    good thought, thank you! i checked the cable i was using...its reversed. i`ll try to find a straight wired cable and see if that does it.
    Last edited by lx2008; 11-15-2023 at 07:44 AM.