RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labradar on sale

Labradar on sale

Juts got this email notice that Labradar units are on sale. If you are looking at getting one the savings is pretty good.

https://buymylabradar.com/products/l...eid=8b41034ba2
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

That's because Garmin just came out with a smaller unit that is thought to better.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/771164

Yep, 499.99 has become the new price, Brownells has them for that price.

Boolit Master

I "Bit the Bullet" 18 months ago and bought the Lab Radar for $650.00; and it does not have the Cell Phone Interface feature. Ohhhh well. I was able to get 18 months of use for a higher price. Would love to test one of the Garmins before I bought one.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

I saw the Garmin last week and If I did not have my Labradar I'd go that way. Don't get me wrong I really like the one I have and it has Bluetooth but their app really sucks. Lots of bugs and only works about half the time.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    I saw the Garmin last week and If I did not have my Labradar I'd go that way. Don't get me wrong I really like the one I have and it has Bluetooth but their app really sucks. Lots of bugs and only works about half the time.
    The app may start getting better now that Garmin is on the scene.

I think I will keep using what I have ( magnetospeed) and wait for the new Garmins to come down in price.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    I think I will keep using what I have ( magnetospeed) and wait for the new Garmins to come down in price.
    The magneto's are starting to come down because of the Garmin's.

Boolit Master

Has anyone actually seen/used one of those new Garmin chronos?? Several weeks ago, when I first checked the Garmin website after seeing an online article, the price was shown as $599.99 with delivery in "8 to 12 weeks." Just look at Garmin site again and delivery is still "8 to 12 weeks." Due to some 'product support' issues, haven't too thrilled with Garmin lately so I'm wondering when their chronos will actually be available.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Grand Master

Personally no. Some friends have them. So far, they are very pleased with them.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

OK good deal on the Lab Radar, but the Garmin one is pretty cool. It does need some time in the Public Domain to clear up any bugs it might have as a new product.

Also can it tell you the velocities at 20,50,75,100 yards down range like Lab Radar can? that is a pretty big feature that would be very useful for Shotgun Slugs and <200 yard cartridges like .30-30's and pistols etc.

I'd like to know what my Shotgun Slugs, .45-70's and .44's and other pistol rounds are doing at 50, 100 yards just for curiosity sake. If the Garmin would do that, then great. The Lab Radar will already.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

I have read bpcr cartridges out to 200 yds with my lab radar, makes figuring a BC and then a drop chart a lot easier. I suspect it will read farther but 200 yds is what my range is

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    The app may start getting better now that Garmin is on the scene.
    Let's hope so. It is a nice option when it worked. It won't work on my Samsung Note20 ultra 5G worth a hoot. Update - They have a September 2023 update that I have not tried.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    NAGR member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    OK good deal on the Lab Radar, but the Garmin one is pretty cool. It does need some time in the Public Domain to clear up any bugs it might have as a new product.

Also can it tell you the velocities at 20,50,75,100 yards down range like Lab Radar can? that is a pretty big feature that would be very useful for Shotgun Slugs and <200 yard cartridges like .30-30's and pistols etc.

I'd like to know what my Shotgun Slugs, .45-70's and .44's and other pistol rounds are doing at 50, 100 yards just for curiosity sake. If the Garmin would do that, then great. The Lab Radar will already.

Randy
    At this point it appears it does not. https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webh...1_OM_EN-US.pdf

It's a doppler radar same as Lab Radar so I would think should be possible with the proper software. Maybe that will come later.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

On the Canadian gun forum I keep hearing people say that Labradar is finished as a company and I can't figure out why people say that. Did they make any announcement in that respect ? Also on the same Canadian gun forum I saw many adds with Labradar for sale. I wonder what is going on. Is gotta be something that I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

Labradar is made by Invotec a big Canadian military supplier. I suspect in today's climate they are having supply issues and time issues as the military contracts come first. When I bought my unit ( serial number 100 ) component supply was a problem.

The doppler units arnt new tech military's have been using it since the mid sixties for artillery naval guns and other big guns with range measured in miles. Whats new is invotec made the units size and available to the hunter shooter.

It took me 8 months to get mine from the date ordered. I believe these were meant as fill in work for slow times and they took off and sold way better than expected

From what I know Labradar is made by Infinition Inc in Trois -Rivieres, QC. I wrote them a message many years ago to ask if I can pick up the Labradar unit in person as it is in driving distance from where I live. They said I can pick it up in person no problem but I have to buy it online and the price is in US dollars. I will send them another e-mail and ask what is going on and let y'all know about the answer.

Boolit Grand Master

My mistake on the name. Mine was an earlier one would be interesting to know what they are up to now by serial number

Boolit Grand Master
    I am over on the accurate shooters website too and picked up a Labradar shipped for $350. People are buying the Garmin and getting rid of their Labradars

Boolit Master

I would like to ask users of these if they will work on a narrow range with trees on each side?

I have cut a 300 yard range on my property but it is 12-16 foot wide and when labradar came out people reported issues with a narrow or short range?
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    I would like to ask users of these if they will work on a narrow range with trees on each side?

I have cut a 300 yard range on my property but it is 12-16 foot wide and when labradar came out people reported issues with a narrow or short range?
    Short answer is Yes.

Long answer is that the LabRadar has a beam width of 7.6° x 18.5° (Transmit). The computer on board is looking for Movement, not static return.

No problems using for 100 Yards. Not sure what the upper limits of the LabRadar distance is. The Information Screens will allow capturing multiple readings along the 100 yard path (i.e. set to 25/50/75/100 yard speed measurements).

Diameter of bullet can be of significance. .22/.224's with a flat base fairly reliable; a boat tail on same may have "Fail to Track" at times. .30's not problems if Lab Radar is correctly aligned.

Aligning the device. There is a little Vee in the top of the unit for sighting in the unit. Given aging eyes and difficulty in correctly sighting through the Vee; it may at times not be correctly aligned. I use a Home Depot plastic Rafter "Square" (Triangle) to facilitate sighting in the Lab Radar. Simply put one side on the face of the LabRadar in the area of the Vee; then use the Flat Plane as an extended sighting aide to zero the unit up and down and sideways to align the Unit to the Target. Most of my "Fail to Track" problems in the past can be attributed to not being adequately aligned.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast