RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is running a .360 Buckhammer?

Boolit Master

Who is running a .360 Buckhammer?

I know, 90 percent of shooters turn up their noses, but I like the dang cartridge design and wonder how it is performing in "civilian hands."

Who is running a .360 Buckhammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Abert Rim View Post
    I know, 90 percent of shooters turn up their noses, but I like the dang cartridge design and wonder how it is performing in "civilian hands."
    i don’t have one but, i’ve seen the 360 buck hammer at the range. i’ve seen it shoot sub moa out of a lever gun with a scope @ 100 yards while doing 2500 fps.

at this point i think the 350, 360, .450 bm might put everything else out to pasture at least for deer hunting in michigan. out in the plains where you need the extra reach they obviously won’t replace anything.

i pick up gobs of 350 brass and to a lesser extent .450. the buck hammer was new last year. i got lucky the last 2 weeks and picked up a couple 30-06, .243 and other random cases but, that’s been it for most the year.

all my friends and family have bought either .350’s and or .450’s in the last 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by michael.birdsley; 11-10-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Michael. Guessing that rifle had to be one of the Henrys.

They are the only one making it now.
    Hoping Ruger will do one in the Marlin lineup.
    Then, I might get interested.

RP

RP

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

yes they were both the all weather all black henry’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    on paper the numbers are very close to 375 win. wouldn't mind comparing them side by side at 100 yards

Boolit Master

I will have one. Just not this season. I want it in a CVA single shot. But more important to me Im gonna hunt my wifes 'tender carbine. Its Specail to me because I lost her this year and gained a angel. I have a 6mm Rem that I built two years ago they I never hunted as well as a newly traded for 454 Rossi that have never hunted. But "her" 7/30 is going hunting with me!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
    I will have one. Just not this season. I want it in a CVA single shot. But more important to me Im gonna hunt my wifes 'tender carbine. Its Specail to me because I lost her this year and gained a angel. I have a 6mm Rem that I built two years ago they I never hunted as well as a newly traded for 454 Rossi that have never hunted. But "her" 7/30 is going hunting with me!

CW
    That's pretty awesome, I cannot imagine a better tribute!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I agree!

Boolit Master
    CW, sorry for your loss. She will be along with you on that hunt.
    Just for fun, I checked Ammoseek for .360 brass, thinking I'd like to have some just to look at. Only seller had 20 cases for $60! But there was plenty of Remington and Federal loaded ammo for under $30 a box!

Boolit Master

I'll be taking one out this year for Ohio deer season. It's a Henry, I put a Leupold 4.5x14 on it and it will indeed shoot right at an inch at one hundred yards. Ballistically, it's rubbing elbows with the 35 Remington so it should be just the ticket for deer hunters that like to hunt with a lever gun (me). I haven't seen any of the 180 grain factory loads but the 200 grain Remington's are excellent and plentiful. I'll post some pictures if I have good fortune.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    maybe this will change availability of the 35 cal 200 grain core lokt for reloaders, they have been impossible to find for many years now.

^^^^this right here.
    One can only hope...

RP

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care".

Boolit Master

CW

Sorry for your loss. May your angel put you on the game.

Boolit Master

CW
    Sorry for your loss. The day will be an emotional one when you harvest a deer with the cherished memories of her and using her rifle.

Boolit Master
    I like the idea of new cartridges especially born out a need for a cartridge to overcome regulations that don’t make any sense. How close is this with the 357 max with a 180 grain bullets?

Boolit Master
    From what I read, the Max with 180-grain bullet is good for 2200 from a 22-inch rifle barrel, and the Buckhammer for about 2500.

Boolit Master
    Not a lever gun, but Henry confirmed to me today that their single-shot rifle in .360 Buckhammer is in the pipeline.

I have to get this lump out of my throat to tell you that my prayers are with you CW, but it is pale in comparison to that angel on your shoulder.
    I am in your corner with the CVA. If they would get a 360 BH made, I would have one post haste! I think that the 360 is about all the recoil that my prosthetic shoulder joint(s) can stand but I am a 35 cal hound from the get go.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

Thank you sir. ❤️*��
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast