Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .32-20 Shooters

Boolit Master

.32-20 Shooters

Starline is now accepting backorders for 32-20 brass. get your orders in!

Boolit Master
    That sure ended fast if it just opened yesterday. Hard to believe they got THAT may orders so quickly. Wouldn't seem worth the bother to set up tooling to not produce more that I would expect to be ordered in a single day of less.

Boolit Master

Dang, missed it
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Master
    Yeah, that is kind of silly. I don't have thousands of cases sitting around but enough for the foreseeable future, so it's not worth the "Black Friday" mentality for me to get an order placed.

Boolit Buddy
    Track of the Wolf has it in stock at the moment - better hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by 36g View Post
    Track of the Wolf has it in stock at the moment - better hurry!
    Heck they have boxes of 500.

Boolit Master
    I checked starline's site at about 1 PM, saw they were up for backorder, and immediately sent in my order. Have been waiting on them for a couple of years. Out of curiosity, I checked again later in the evening, and they were unavailable for back order. If you need some keep checking , they may come up again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr-Guy View Post
    I checked starline's site at about 1 PM, saw they were up for backorder, and immediately sent in my order. Have been waiting on them for a couple of years. Out of curiosity, I checked again later in the evening, and they were unavailable for back order. If you need some keep checking , they may come up again soon.
    Track of the wolf in stock

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Track of the wolf in stock
    They don't now.

I feel like a chicken in a big barnyard where the farmer feeds only a small handful of corn every now and then. If you ain't in the right place when he tosses it out, you taint gonna eat.
    Last edited by 35 Rem; 11-09-2023 at 10:01 PM.

Boolit Master
    Starline is taking backorders again, if you missed the first go around...................order NOW

I just cancelled my order of 200 starline cases from ET Brass as I already have an overabundance (found a stash of 600 loaded rounds I put under the bench a while back). Someone else should grab them if you need them.

I just went to the Starline site. No stock and no back orders.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/32-20-brass

Boolit Master

I missed it this time again. Oh well.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Sorry guys, it seems every time I post about them taking back orders, they close the offer. I must be bad luck!

Boolit Grand Master
    I’d be willing to bet an engraved printing of our first president to a frosted circular pastry with a hole in the middle that they’ll keep cranking out more now that they’re tooled up and see the demand. I’ve been wrong before, but this time? I think not!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    They've been tooled up for years and built their business on selling brass for old obsolete rounds. I don't see why they won't make enough to catch up and stop trying to sell common brass that everybody else makes.

Boolit Grand Master
    There’s a difference between having the tooling and being tooled up, ie having the machinery set up for a specific job. My point was/is that as more and more orders come in while the machinery is set up and running brass with preorders on hand, it makes sense to keep running it to satisfy the demand. I don’t have any inside information with them, but that would seem to fit what I know about their business model.
    The folks at Starline provide a service by making both high demand brass and some of the lesser demand calibers as they see the market develop for it. Can they immediately provide every oddball caliber that every shooter wants? No, in fact I’m still waiting for 32-40 for my pet Schuetzen rifle, but if you’ll be honest with yourself, they do a pretty good job of providing most of the brass we need.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I agree with what you are saying except that Starline started with nothing but the old nearly obsolete cartridges so they aren't a big major brass producer who is suddenly starting to branch out to make the odd cartridges and losing profit by doing so. That is their bread-and-butter business or at least it was. I doubt it would require much effort to change a production line from one cartridge to another. Especially if they have produced it before. Manufacturing cartridge cases is all basically the same process whether it's a 6.5 Creedmoor or a 25-35. There is obviously a huge demand for these old cartridges as every time they produce some, they are snapped up withing a few hours. I don't think they would be giving up anything to do some serious production for the customers who built their business. Also, it's very very frustrating that the VAST majority of the time they will not let you put in a back order so there is no way they can gauge the demand. And then they sell off large quantities to people who merely mark up the price and resell it. And finding it at any price requires a lot of luck. I know that nobody here can do anything about it but I have to vent somewhere.

Moderator Emeritus

Starline just added a notify button on the 32-20's. Still not able to backorder them but you can get notified versus constantly checking.

Can someone say what Starline is asking for 32-20 these days? I believe it used to be about .28 ea. in quantity. I see 41 colt went from .58 to .72 ea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast