Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who has something like this sitting around?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warren5421 View Post
    I had a 64 Corvair 110HP Mazda 2 door I used for boot legging. It had a 300 gal tank in the front, pickup in Huntington, WV or Ashland, KY and dropped off in Columbus, OH. Was clocked at in excess of a 140MPH pulling away by the Ohio State Patrol, his long stroke 427 Ford could do no more. The motor had been built by a drag racer in Detroit, cost me $900 in 1964. The suspension was tied down, it would corner, along with a few other mods. It could give the 65 1/2 mustang a hard time on the 1/4 mile strip. No one ever looked twice at it till the money changed from their hand to mine. When I went back to the old home place a neighbor had it setting in a weed field, floor pain was rotten but body looked good.
    my neighbor had a nice turb corvair sitting out in his yard. it started and drove great and was solid as a rock. it needed pait and some interior work. he had always said he was going to restore it so i never bothered to tell him i was interested. notice one day driving by his house that it was gone. i thought he moved it into the shop to start on it. about a week later i was over bumming his plasma cutter and it was in the shop. i asked him what he did with it. he said someone at work offered him a grand for it so he let it go. i told him i would have given him 5k for it. i got a "wish you would have said something" i then told him im interested in buying eveything you own so ask me first!!

Boolit Buddy

Reminds me of an older gent near where I used to live in WV, had a two story farmhouse and a few outbuildings, one of which contained an early 50s Dodge Power Wagon. One day in '78 I stopped and asked if I could look at it, and the guy said "Sure!" and we walked into the "barn." The Dodge was filthy with dust and bird droppings, and two tires were low. I asked if he'd sell it and of course he said "No," and he seemed to enjoy saying "no.". We chatted some more, and walked back down the dirt drive to my vehicle. Every couple years if I was driving by and it looked as if people were I'd stop and say hello. He always remembered me, and always said, "No.". I moved from WV and a number of years later I was back there for a wedding, and the location was past that farm. The place did not look lived in, and the "barn" the Dodge was still parked in had collapsed. I stopped and walked up to the remnants and peered inside. A 6x10 wooden beam had smashed in the windshield halves and the front half of the cab roof, and a purlin had stoved in the hood leaf on the right. Three years later I was back there for a funeral, and the site was cleared off completely. The house and outbuildings had been cleared off and the lot leveled.

I think that some people are just really attached to certain things. I also believe that others enjoy knowing that they have something that someone wants, and take pleasure in busting their hope bubble. But I always take the zen approach to these things, cars, trucks, guns, whatnot. What will be is to be, and it's up to the Man in Charge to decide what's best for me.

Noah

Boolit Master
    I sold my mothers 1970 car too cheap .........hadnt been driven since 1990,always under cover .......anyhoo ,when she passed ,the council got onto me about her house ,and I panicked .......put the car in the free ads for $500 .....sold in 10 minutes ,must have got 100 phone calls ,and 1000 emails about the thing......Wont say what it was ,except it was a 2 door V8.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I have a line on a nice ‘66 Coronet, 440-4 speed, for a righteous price. Needs some work, interior is out, which is good cause I’m going to put a roll cage in, just trying to justify the cash and time involved to build up a solid street/strip Mopar. If I get it, probably be a Roadrunner clone at the end! Horsepower? All I can get. I hate the fact old cars are just left to rot. Don’t crush em, restore em
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Back in 1980 I was a sophomore in high school. My stepdad had a ‘68 Impala convertible with 350, a ‘73 Chevy pickup and some newer cars. I was getting my license and needed wheels. He put them in the front yard with a $500 sign. 5 minutes later the Impala was gone. Before a half hour passed the truck was gone. Mom come home and said where’s the convertible and truck? Poof! No wheels 🛞 4 me. Mom was po’ed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123