Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: BulletMatch, a Catalog of Cast Bullets

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know how I missed this when you first posted. This is an AWESOME resource! Thank you, very much. It's super valuable. Really appreciate it. How do we send you samples? Did I miss that in some message above?

8mmFan

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmFan View Post
    I don't know how I missed this when you first posted. This is an AWESOME resource! Thank you, very much. It's super valuable. Really appreciate it. How do we send you samples? Did I miss that in some message above?

8mmFan
    Thank you very much. I didn't post my address to send samples, I share that in a message.

Heres my Spreadsheet again. It updates automatically as I add to it.

I like to have 3-5 samples that are as cast (not sized or lubed) so I can reserve the best for pictures and use 1 for measurements as it always mars them. The bullets from each mould need to be in either small baggies or envelopes with the name/number of the mould, as well as the alloy they are cast with and any markings on the mould. If the alloy is unknown, just write unknown alloy. I'll take all the measurements.
    BulletMatch: Cataloging the World's Bullets

Lead Alloy Calculator

Anyone care to guess what I have here?

Last edited by Bazoo; 04-25-2024 at 09:13 PM.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master

One of every mold Lee makes?
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Buddy

I have made several bullet moulds with the cherries I have cut to cast a .002" over groove diameter bullet. Will send you the bullet and number for your list. I usually start with an aluminum set of blocks or a Lyman style cast iron blocks. Keep up the good work! The Barnes book Cartridges of The World is a great reference work. Your bullet listing will be great also. Best Regards, Charlie Rockindaddy

Quote Originally Posted by RayinNH View Post
    One of every mold Lee makes?
    Pretty darn close, actually one of every mould Lee makes that I don't have a sample for. Not counting discontinued moulds of course.

I'm pretty excited about it!

I will update the Spreadsheet shortly.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Pretty darn close, actually one of every mould Lee makes that I don't have a sample for. Not counting discontinued moulds of course.

I'm pretty excited about it!

I will update the Spreadsheet shortly.
    I sure hope they gave you a good deal. Gonna take a while to cast all of them molds.
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master
    Very nice. Now if you can just talk Mihec and Al into sending you a box like that....
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Very nice. Now if you can just talk Mihec and Al into sending you a box like that....
    I'd love that.

Al? you mean NOE?

Lead Alloy Calculator

I've updated my Spreadsheet to reflect the new Lee moulds/bullets.

Unfortunately, mould 90237 the C476-325-RF was no longer available. If any of our 480 ruger/475 Linebaugh shooters could provide that one I'd sure appreciate it.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master
    I hope Lee gave you those molds for free, as a sponsor. It’d be appropriate given all the work you’re doing here.

That would have been nice, but Lee did not give them to me. They did give me a healthy discount though, so when I'm through with them, I'll be able to recoup the money selling them as used.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master
    I have made a spreadsheet of my Bullet Samples that updates automatically as I add to it.

I see you every a sample of every Oregon Trails’ bullet. I’ll be eager awaiting that data, because they are used in the Western Handloading Manual #1. Cast Performance bullets are in that manual too, so hopefully they sponsor you.
    Did Rim Rock and Oregon Trails send you free samples to cover every bullet they make?

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    I see you every a sample of every Oregon Trails’ bullet. I’ll be eager awaiting that data, because they are used in the Western Handloading Manual #1. Cast Performance bullets are in that manual too, so hopefully they sponsor you.
    Did Rim Rock and Oregon Trails send you free samples to cover every bullet they make?
    Yes, I have every sample from Oregon Trails and Rim Rock Bullets and they were gracious enough to send me their samples free of charge.

If there are any of their bullets you'd like me to cherry pick and do first, I'd be glad to.

I'm not familiar with Cast Performance Bullets. Do you mean these guys https://grizzlycartridge.com/ ?
    Last edited by Bazoo; 04-29-2024 at 03:14 AM.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Boolit Master
    My responses are in blue below.
    Yes, I have every sample from Oregon Trails and Rim Rock Bullets and they were gracious enough to send me their samples free of charge.
    I’ll keep them in mind if I ever buy lead bullets again.

If there are any of their bullets you'd like me to cherry pick and do first, I'd be glad to.
    If I was going to pick one, it would be the 45 cal 230 grain SWC bullet for .45 ACP.

I'm not familiar with Cast Performance Bullets. Do you mean these guys https://grizzlycartridge.com/ ?
    Yes, those are the folks I was mentioning. Looking at their website today, I only see two bullets available and their loaded ammo is severely diminished. Maybe something is going on with them.

Boolit Buddy
    Many of ya’ll might have noticed that I haven’t been very active on the forum here, and many probably remember a while back when I was asking for bullet samples (thank you to all who have helped with samples!)Bazoo
    Rim Rock Bullets owes you some kind of referral credit. Just bought a bunch of stuff from them and would have never found them if not for you
    Currently casting and loading: .32 S&W Long, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, 10mm, 44 Special 44 Magnum. .223, 7.62x39, 7.62 x 54R, .30-06, 45-70, .32, .36, .44. .45. .50. .54. .58 and .60 round ball and various minies. And .375 heel crimped conical for those .36 conversions . KB6MRP on Discord

Boolit Master
    Have you ever thought about making a print version?

My responses are in blue below.
    Might keep in mind Missouri Bullet too I've had a few phone calls with them and will be receiving samples of all of their wares.

I'll see if I can dig that one out for you when I get into them again. I've done a few of them so far, but I need to do some tweaks to the site before I do them all.

Thanks, I will keep an eye on them, if they could/would provide a large chunk of LBT's bullets, that would be a great blessing to me.
    Last edited by Bazoo; Yesterday at 01:04 AM.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by 2TM101 View Post
    Rim Rock Bullets owes you some kind of referral credit. Just bought a bunch of stuff from them and would have never found them if not for you
    Thanks for letting me know, and I'm glad that BulletMatch has helped both them and you. They are good to talk to and seem like good folks. I've never ordered from them, but I did receive a large flat rate box stuffed with samples.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Have you ever thought about making a print version?
    You mean like... a book? Something akin to Cartridges of The World, but for bullets? Yes sir, I've been ruminating on that idea for a while. It may have to be in volumes, especially if I included much in the way of commercial cast bullets.

I could certainly see it being a valuable reference though, if all the mould maker's bullets were in it: Lyman, RCBS, Lee, Saeco. Maybe smaller volumes for each company or for a several companies, with history about the company.

Lead Alloy Calculator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234