RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Shoe Cream/Polish Brand?

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Forget spit or water. Use Perrier water in the green glass bottles. Cloth diapers work much better than t-shirts. Lincoln is harder than Kiwi.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Daekar View Post
    I have been using the same jar of black shoe polish for my entire adult life - a sure sign In lucky enough not to need to polish shoes often. Still, I like the brand I have, Propert's... the only problem is that they apparently don't make it anymore. The jar I have looks like it was made in 1965, so maybe it's no surprise.

So the question is, what do you folks use for black polish on your fancy shoes? Have a favorite brand, or one to avoid?
    There is lots of Propert's jars on fleabay (NOS) and other online seller's of used goods.
    Looks like Kiwi bought the brand at some point.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Used Lincoln for daily spit shine inspection requirements - OCS - Ft Benning. Have used Kiwi with good results when I ran out of Lincoln. You can get a very high polish with either. A little Glo-Coat over the cap toe really makes the jump boots sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I was really good a spit-shining. I went the lazy route and switched to Corfam's.
    AKA Pimp shoes.
    Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    AKA Pimp shoes.
    Wayne
    I am offended. I wore those Pimp Shoes for 3 years while working with the State Department - Did not have time to polish shoes because of being way undermanned; not just my Post; but pretty much all of the Posts. The "Pimp Shoes" also set the tone the State Department wanted for continual "Spit and Polish" in these Pretty Dress Blues (A, B, C, and D versions). I went through and had to buy 4 sets of Pimp Shoes due to abrasions incurred in "The Line of Duty". When we wanted to be "Serious" and send a message, we shifted to Utilities with Flack Vests and Helmets - Spit Shined Boots optional at that time.

It is interesting to note; back then the Pimp Shoes "Were not Legal" for inspections in the USMC - had to have that High Spit Shine during inspections whether Junk on the Bunk, or personnel inspections.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Black Shoe Cream/Polish Brand?

The leather shoes issued in Boot were really comfortable. Once I hit my duty station I bought myself pimp shoes and tossed my leather shoes. Big mistake. Pimp shoes were very uncomfortable and made my feet hurt and sweat like crazy! Regret that one.
    In Okinawa papasan would spit shine your boots for $20/mo. He was always sifting through the trash looking for tossed cans of shoe polish. Then he would melt the wax and pour it into 1 can. He spent a lot of time on the squadbay floor. He got his t shirts from the trash too.
    Last edited by fiberoptik; 11-07-2023 at 02:25 PM.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post
    Kiwi. Still use it more than 5 decades later.

Worked great everywhere except 29 Palms. Go to formation or Parade ground in highly polished shoes or boots - 15 minutes later, they were flat black as the sun and heat would melt the polish.
    That was my experience at Ft Bliss.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Disabled Army veteran

Boolit Master

Kiwi couldn’t hang in PI. either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12