RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: automatic boolit making machine (not in production yet): schuptercasting

Boolit Bub

automatic boolit making machine (not in production yet): schuptercasting

Anyone heard anything more info on
    https://schuptercasting.com/ ?

So if I'm seeing this right,...it appears to fill the same niche as a Magma Master Caster,...but automated direct from the factory, rather than having a Master Caster automated by someone like Hatch after the fact.

I'd be curious to compare prices. How much does a Master Caster go for now? How much is the Hatch conversion? What is the price on the Schupter?

Looking deeper online, I see it is made in Warsaw, Poland.

And since I happen to be of Polish ethnicity, I can go ahead and say there is a joke in there somewhere about a Polish bullet machine.
    Last edited by atfsux; 11-02-2023 at 03:05 PM.
    When democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote.

ADMIN

I would guess that machine will run around $6000 USD.
    Current Master Caster is $1100 but they aren’t accepting any orders and when they do the pricing will be increased so no telling what it really is. They do not have a lead time on anything.

As far as my automation, depends on what options. $850 to $1150 with 2 week lead time.

Charles
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Received an update from Schupter this morning via email;....

Hello! We've posted some updates on our Facebook page (link below), but I'm aware that not everyone uses social media, so I've summarized it briefly.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555001162560

* The machine is still evolving (improved safety, manufacturability, operation), but we should be fine for the May 1st presale launch.

* Estimated price - $3k + shipping. It will rise slightly after the presale, but we are considering making a manual version using the same platform.

* We have decided to allow foreign molds into our machine. The idea has to be tested and confirmed, but we want to make life easy for all those who have a collection of popular molds.

* We are working on our own mold portfolio as this is the guarantee of high quality for automatic operation. We have a selection of round ball bullets, now getting started with conical, other profiles and custom applications.

Never hesitate to contact us if there's anything you'd like to ask or comment! Have a great day and thanks! MN

Michal Napora

Owner

schuptercasting.com

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a nice looking machine!

Received another email update from Schupter.

Hi there!

I'd like to give you a short update on the project status:
    1. The comercial machine concept is ready. It has been adopted to Magma molds as compatibility with commercially available molds was requested by a lot of people. Now, I also think that this is a good direction. We have refined every aspect of the machine we could think of, the next step is to build some and give for final testing. We don't expect any major changes, just a confirmation by a commercial caster that no further tweaking is needed.
    When a video of the machine working with Magma molds is available, I'll send another email.
    In the meantime I've posted some photos of the concept on our facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555001162560
    2. We are experiencing some problems and confusion with molds. I would really like if you could help me understand how to approach this either by commenting on our facebook page or just replying to this email.
    So... We have some Magma molds, still waiting for a Ballisticast mold to come (on the way). They seem to be very similar to each other which makes everything simple.
    But we know some you requested compatibility with MP Molds, NOE and RCBS. I tried to contact MP and NOE, but it was very difficult to speak to someone and unsuccessful in the end.
    Therefore a few questions if you already have some machine casting experience:
    - How do they fit in casting machines? What parts have to be changed to put them in? Can you share some photos?
    - What about the sprue plate? Should we provide one that would fit them?
    - I know that some mold-makers mimic Magma and Ballisticast mold designs. So is there even a point in adopting other molds than these brands? It seems to us that only they are marketed as capable of high-cycle machine casting.
    - Some manufacturers offer various mold types/sizes/cavitations, etc. Which ones should we buy? Or, do you have a spare mold (MP Molds, NOE and RCBS) and could send it to us so that we can engineer machine parts and test?

Thanks for your help in advance. We have not planned for this and unfortunately those molds are now delaying the machine release... Regards, MN

Michal Napora
    Owner

Boolit Master

Hey Charles they say they are trying to meet a price point of about 3K, but I guess we'll see once they have there mold line worked out it shouldn't be too long now.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Grand Master
    I think Hatch is closer to the true cost at $6000 or so.

I came close to buying one of his packages a while back when it looked like I would need neck surgery. Just be cognizant that you will need a decent air supply to run it. There is a value in having a unit that will get support, and has off the shelf items you can source locally.

I REALLY like the unit Schupter has come up with. But an air cylinder is cheap and easy to deal with...a gear motor might not be. If the gear motor is a "standard" size/type it would be more attractive. I would look into that if buying one. A $600 part you can get and replace easily would be acceptable. A unique part that comes sourced in Poland would be a red flag.

Heck, look at the issues with getting replacement band heaters for a Master Caster.
    Don Verna