Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, November 01

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, November 01

Good morning all. I found this great message and prayer quite by accident this morning. It's a good one. Have a safe and blessed day.

A comment by Mary Heuss Nelson

Exodus 20:2-3
    I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me.

There are numerous verses in the Bible that tell us to not have any other “god” before Jehovah God. He is the only true God, all others are false and should be treated as such. A “god” is not just a figure carved out of wood or stone that one bows down to. A “god” is anything that takes first place in our hearts and lives above God. That can be money, power, another person, hobby, career…etc. God is a jealous God (Exodus 34:14), we are His creation and are to worship Him alone!
    Here in Exodus 20, God is reminding the Israelites that it is He who brought them out of Egypt that had enslaved the Jewish people for many years. The false gods that many were believing in had no power to rescue them, only He could and did do that!

Today we who have trusted Christ as Lord and Savior God could well say, “It is I who have shown you love, mercy, and grace and rescued you from hell by sending Jesus to atone for your sins. Place nothing in your heart above Me.”
    We are all guilty of putting other things above God from time to time in our lives. The key is recognizing when we do, and then correcting it by putting God first again.
    This verse today brings to my mind my favorite verse in the Bible, Romans 12:1
    Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God - this is your true and proper worship.

Our “true and proper worship” to God is total commitment to Jesus Christ His Son. It is seeking His will for our lives. In view of His mercy towards us, this is not too much to ask. He willingly laid down His life so that we could live eternally with Him, surely we can seek to live a life that is in obedience to God’s Word and therefore pleasing to Him!
    It is a choice that we must make daily, sometimes hourly. The indwelling Holy Spirit enables us to live for Christ, but we must be willing to surrender to Him, to obey His calling, by doing so we are living out our faith in Jesus. We are saying to God that He is worthy to be obeyed, and that He always knows what is best for us in life. We are telling to all around of His great love for us. I love this line from a hymn by Isaac Watts: “Love so amazing, so divine, demands my heart, my life, my all.”

Father God, thank You for rescuing me from the grip of satan so many years ago. I could never even begin to fully express my love and gratitude towards You Father for all Your love and faithfulness to me. You are my heart and I desire nothing more than to live my life totally surrendered to You and Your perfect will for me. I love You so Abba and give You all glory, honor, worship, and praise this day, Amen!
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    Amen, good message.

Boolit Master

Amen.