Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Belding & Mull Straight Line No 28 Loading Tool

Boolit Master

Belding & Mull Straight Line No 28 Loading Tool

Came across a Belding & Mull Straight Line No 28 Loading Tool today for $50 in the used/clearance bin at a local sporting goods shop. Is it worth the effort/investment? No dies or accessories, just the tool. Seemed to be in decent condition. In hindsight i probably should have grabbed a pix.

I bit off on a vintage press a while ago and was stuck with that boat anchor for a while

Boolit Grand Master

I believe they used unique dies and without one I doubt it's utility. Of course, if you can find a design and have the ability to make your own...
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

no dies or tooling? it's not worth that. if you had one shell holder and decapping rod or primer seater you would have a little something useful or to start with. I have a whole bunch of those. And still it's a neck size only press.

I agree with ascast, without any tooling or other components, it's definitely not worth that. The tooling can be found with some effort, but even then is often missing components and parts. Also, one thing to keep in mind is that press is older and you won't find dies/tool for any of the newer or more modern cartridges. It is fine for some of the classic cartridges, but still of limited use. I have one and play around with it, but any serious reloading is done on modern dies/presses.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, those are the exact issues that preventing me from grabbing it initially.

The same bin had a set of well used RCBS mould handles marked $50 as well. I did ask one of the minions running around if they had any wiggle room on the price an he just said no. The handles stayed there as well.