Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Old casting stuff you want to see

Old casting stuff you want to see

What old casting stuff would you like to see brought back ? Possibly re designed a little with modern material and methods?
    Think this ideal adjustable mold would be cool along with the ideal tools with the build in mold and loading stuff.. think the survivalist types would love something like that lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I enjoyed reading them.

Boolit Master
    I do like the prices of that older equipment. Probably good prices now days but in the day people didnt have the money then either.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Neat stuff!

Boolit Master
    Very cool stuff!
    That would roughly equate to what we are paying today for a comparable mould ( 34x$3.50)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Accurate can make a mould for hollow base the you just need an adjustable base pin made . Hoch probably makes one as well if they would be readily converted. M-P runs HB moulds also .

Accurate will also cut multiple designs in a single block set so you could have a .460 RB , 300-350gr , 405 , and 535 for a 45-70 or 458 . Maybe a .360RB , 125 and 158 SWC and a 250 to cover 9 , 38/357 and a 35 cal rifle .
    I have a Lyman .378 RB and 140 RF I use for a 36 C&B .

The tong tool and 310 types are still available. Otherwise the Lee hand press is the next step .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Not casting per say but I have a soft spot for the old duplex powder measure like the Ideal #6 or from the big-name smiths of the day.

https://www.reloadingtool.com/ideal-...owder-measures

https://www.pbase.com/halp/schuetzen_measures
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    I’m not sure it would be sufficiently useful to be worthwhile, but how about a Perfection-style pistol bullet mould in 32 cal. It would have a bunch of small, narrow grease grooves and go from 65-95 grains. On larger caliber pistol bullets this same concept could be scaled up.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    I would like to see the return of the old Saeco casting pot. Those things were built to last and worked great.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Hensley&Gibbs molds , including the rifle designs .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I’m not sure it would be sufficiently useful to be worthwhile, but how about a Perfection-style pistol bullet mould in 32 cal. It would have a bunch of small, narrow grease grooves and go from 65-95 grains. On larger caliber pistol bullets this same concept could be scaled up.
    Froggie
    Fly that .32 flag proudly Froggie.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the BLAST from the past !

In 1985 I ordered and have a Lyman .50 caliber mould smooth sided for paper patching, last I saw it is also out of production . It gives bullets from about 440 grains to 712 grains . The older makers had a lot of great ideals that should still be made as there is a market .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    Hensley&Gibbs molds , including the rifle designs .

Jack

Boolit Master
    NOE has adjustable molds. https://noebulletmolds.com/site/shop...y-hollow-base/

9mm bullets with 90 grain HB, 115 grain, 124 grain and 147 grain depending on the base pin used.

Readily available lead.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

primers

Moderator Emeritus

Someone made an adjustable dipper that you could easily make two piece bullets from. It was written up in the late 80's or early 90's by Ross Seyfreid. I looked for a while and finally found an address but they were long sold by that time. You could run two pots and drop pure lead into a mold and a minute latter fill with a harder alloy.

Beside tools, I would love to have the ability to speak again with Art Green and Bill Ferguson. Those two long departed gentlemen knew more about bullet alloying than almost anyone who ever lived, and were secure enough to share it.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze