WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: Took the dog for a walk

Took the dog for a walk

Walked the woods and pulled camera cards. No bad news, no politicians, no robocalls, just this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Perfect!!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Beautiful. That's kinda what our woods look like. Our boys love their walks.

Boolit Master

I gave your post 5 gold stars!
    I need to pull the card from my camera I put it in a metal box on a steel post as it watches the driveway and we have some strange things happening in the area .
    Yesterday when I walked the dog with the leaves off the trees I found a rather large paper wasp nest I am debating whether to bag it and save whole.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Walked the woods and pulled camera cards. No bad news, no politicians, no robocalls, just this.

The first cathedral with singing and angels.

Boolit Master
    You are a lucky man ,that is a beautiful place.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    ….Yesterday when I walked the dog with the leaves off the trees I found a rather large paper wasp nest I am debating whether to bag it and save whole.
    When my nephews were in elementary school they found a paper wasp nest on a late fall hike. They took it to school in a large jar for science class. The teacher set it on the window sill for display. A month later she called my brother and said he better come pick it up because it was starting to hum.

Boolit Master

BMI48219 A gun club member asked me to save one for him to use as wadding in his trade gun I found one in December and took it home whole . I told him it was living and not to take it inside or let is warm as the wasps could become active . The fool put it on his heated porch and his wife got a few stings he told her I put it there! I have never been to his home and never met his wife that is probably still mad at the wrong person!
    IF I do bag it it will be with a few moth balls to suffocate the little demons within . This is a large nest about 6 feet from the ground it will take a tall kitchen trash bag to hold it intact .
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.

Boolit Master

That is a big nest. Sounds like a plan. Will moth balls really kill them? I think I’d test to see the trash bag is mothballs proof just to be sure.
    A couple months back honey bees began building a hive in a small olive tree on our property. They were pretty active until the temperature cooled a little. As of yesterday the hive is completely abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post

Church of the woods. I go when I need it.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    That is a big nest. Sounds like a plan. Will moth balls really kill them? I think I’d test to see the trash bag is mothballs proof just to be sure.
    A couple months back honey bees began building a hive in a small olive tree on our property. They were pretty active until the temperature cooled a little. As of yesterday the hive is completely abandoned.
    IF sealed in a bag mothballs should do the trick over the winter to kill the larva that could hatch with warm weather as the fumes displace oxygen. Sorry I took so long I lost the thread in my history. I have yet to go ut and cut it down I notice that there are yellow maple leaves weaved into the paper the other day but still did not see any activity.