RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Trade lead ingots to borrow your Laser Bore Sight Collimator for my rifle

Trade lead ingots to borrow your Laser Bore Sight Collimator for my rifle

I would like to borrow someones Laser Bore Sight Collimator so I can sight in my new .350 legend rifle. One of those bore sighters you stick in the end of the barrel.
    I'll send it back to you when I'm finished and I'll send you some lead ingots - either WW lead or pure lead for payment for the use of your bore sighting tool. You choose what ingots you want.
    I'll be sighting in the rifle in a couple of weeks as I have ammo on order and it will be here next week.
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Master
    sending you a pm

Boolit Buddy
    The LGS here will do it free of charge. Just bring your rifle in and they have it done in a matter of a couple minutes. It's just another way to get you in the door.

Of course the process isn't always perfect. I had one rifle that was very close with the first shot, and another that wasn't even on an 18" target at 100 yds.

BTW, I'm editing because I was a bit confused here. A "laser collimator"? I'm familiar with two different types of boresights, a laser-type and a collimated type. The laser type sticks in the end of the barrel, has a laser diode, shines a spot on a distant wall, and you adjust your scope to put the crosshairs on the red dot. A collimated boresight sticks in the end of the barrel and you mount a target onto it. The optics in the target collimate what you see so that scope height and offset aren't much of a factor. In this case, you typically align your crosshairs to a displayed grid. Maybe I'm missing a third type ???

I deal with collimated displays at work and the idea of collimating is to make something appear at a great distance, and the same place regardless of the angle it's viewed from. I kind of understand the collimated boresight, but I don't believe a laser is involved.
    Last edited by BamaNapper; 10-19-2023 at 04:26 PM.

4. 10-19-2023, 04:59 PM
    Reason
    No ebay links allowed

Boolit Buddy
    The laser pointer boresights aren't a bad thing, but I believe they're worth some time tinkering before you trust them too far. Put it in a rifle that is already sighted in and check your results. Take it out, put it back in, check it against that known good scope adjustment several times to learn how to consistently install it. You may find even there's a 'this side up' in order to get it to work as expected.

You guys are stressing me out on the discussion part of the rules in S&S.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Grand Master

If it is an AR type rifle, take the flash hider off before you use the bore sighter.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master

I'll trade you my Collimeter for some ingots.