Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be careful about trying to trick the Mrs.

Boolit Master
    "Some wives believe all her stuff is hers. And all the husbands stuff is hers too."

Obviously you've never heard of the "50%-100% rule."

Women own 50% of the property, and 100% of the ah-hem,, little stuff we men get in trouble over. Women will take the 50% and use the 100% stuff to get the other 50%.

Luckily,, my wife & I are honest with each other. She has her stuff, and I have mine. We do not give each other any grief over what we enjoy. She is also a great "gun girl." She has guns of her own, and knows all about the ones I own. And she knows values & such. Plus,, we never hide money or such. We each have a safe,, and in each safe is our "extra" cash. If something happens to either one of us,, or even both of us,, we all know how to access the safe(s).

Boolit Master
    Neither was hidden, but I've picked up a hundred-dollar bill on two occasions at local Walmarts. In both cases, I was there after 8 pm in the grocery section, and saw something on the floor. I didn't immediately notice the denomination but picked up the money and looked around to see if anyone was going down the aisle. Both times, the area was deserted - so it was "finders-keepers" at that point.

I think a lot of local folks use cash, because they go to a payday outlet and get their money immediately for a fee. They stick the wad in their pocket and wind up pulling out bill(s) inadvertently when their cell phone buzzes.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    My Grandfather told a story by one of his friends who had bought a used pair of shoes at a thrift store.
    Inside it, way at the front was a $50.oo bill tightly folded up. Back in the late 1950s --- that was a lot of money.
    My Mom, before the Altzheimers got to bad, would put money in her shoes for safe keeping. She grew up very poor. My ex saw her walking funny one day and asked to see her shoes. We kept telling my Mother she would never have to worry about not having money, we would always be there.

Boolit Grand Master

My Wife and I have never had secrets from each other. I've never had to ask before I bought a gun and have never been fussed at about buying a gun. Or lied about the price. On the other hand, I bought an airplane once without discussing it before hand and She ask me if I had lost my blank blank blank mind!

Boolit Master
    aint no excuse or reason to be lying to the better half. my view is if your woman is one you have to lie to and keep secrets from she is probably not a true partner. if you cant trust and be honest with your better half who can you trust? if I was in such a situation I would be shopping around for a new better half. but thats just me everyone has a different situation.

Service men in foreign countries were told to keep $ in shoe, not in wallet, due to pickpockets.
    Whatever!

A youtube video popped up in my feed of them the other day.

It was a cctv at the counter in a gun store. A lady came in and put two cases on the counter.
    She said her husband had bought them and some other guns as an investment,
    and now she needed to sell them.

The first was a tricked out AR. She said her husband told her he'd paid $300. for it and she hoped to get $200.
    The store guy said, "No problem".

Then she opened a pistol case and laid out a real hot rod, race gun, semi-auto.
    She said her husband told her he'd paid $200. for it, and she was hoping to get about $100.

The gun store guy looked at it and said, "Ma'am,,,, that's a $1200. pistol".

She thought about it a few seconds and said,,,, "I'm going to kill him".
    That was good!

Some wives have little interest or understanding in and about guns. Mine can't tell a rifle from a shotgun, let alone what model or caliber it might be. But I learned early on that she can count. "You left for the gun show with 4 guns and came home with 5?"

DG

Boolit Master

Bought a blender at WallyWorld when ours bit the dust many years ago. Opened it at home, inside was a card congratulating a couple(1st names only) on the wedding with a 100 dollar bill . If they'd just opened it instead of immediately taking it back for refund/store credit...? No last names for them or sender so no way to look 'em up - guess he never got a thank you from them but if he happens to read this - Thank You !

Boolit Grand Master

There is only one time when you are allowed to Lie to your wife ...

When she puts on something new , shows it to you and asks ...
    ..." Does this make my butt look big ? " ... Then , you can lie to her !

The Correct answer is ... "Hell No Sweetie , that makes all of you look beautiful !"
    Gary

God will forgive you for it ... otherwise never lie to your wife .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Had a buddy come visit one time with a picture perfect black eye.
    Naturally I asked about it, expecting some sort of "You should see the other guy"....

Nope. He was hanging out with his girl friend when she said, "Look,,, I've lost almost 10 pounds".
    He looked over her shoulder & down, then said, "I found 'em"!
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post

The Correct answer is ... "Hell No Sweetie , that makes all of you look beautiful !"
    Gary

That’s because your wife wants “affirmation” not the “truth”

Boolit Grand Master

Had a buddy come visit one time with a picture perfect black eye.
    Naturally I asked about it, expecting some sort of "You should see the other guy"....

Nope. He was hanging out with his girl friend when she said, "Look,,, I've lost almost 10 pounds".
    He looked over her shoulder & down, then said, "I found 'em"!

Now That's Funny !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Sheesh, I bought a gun in front of my wife yesterday, total bill and all. As long as the bills are paid, she doesn't care, as my money is mine and her money is hers. I also took her out to eat that might.
    I concur that it sounds not QUITE legal for the wife to be selling the husband's guns IF he is still alive, unless they came from a divorce or were gifted to her. The only thing that kept my ex from selling my guns while I was at work was that she refused to drive.

Boolit Master

My wife has instructions to get values from a knowledgeable friend if I get hit by a bus.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post

Gary

The first time my sweety asked me that question (we've been married 39 years, so this was a looong time ago!) I called her out on the fact that it was a trick question, and to never ask that question unless you want an honest assessment.....we've gotten along great in that area ever since!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Master
    My wife knows I have a "stash"....she knows it is money that has been secreted away in a manner that doesn't affect the family budget (if it has been in my pocket, it is to be considered spent). The policy is don't ask, and we won't have any issues. Works well, but I think my wife is jealous of my ability to save!
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

I may be one of the luckiest humans you guys have ever met.

When Mrs. Winger & I got married, the subject of me having multiple weapons came up.
    She said, "I want my own".

When we got married we went to Las Vegas. She said she'd never been, and wanted to do some gambling there.
    She was making big bucks at the time, and I said, "Sure. Me too".

Then she got all serious looking and said, "I know we'll lose it, but I'm thinking we can just blow $40."

She hasn't ever said anything about my spending, but if ya look up 'tight wad' in an old dictionary--
    there's a little pen & ink picture of her.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

My late wife and I had a couple of rules: I was to stay the hell out of the laundry room and If she found money in a pocket while doing the laundry, it was hers. I think I managed to "accidentally" forget to take a few $20's out of my pockets. She always loved the win!

I don't buy stuff without letting my wife know. She's as great as the late wife was: as long as the rest of the bills are paid, we're good.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

A youtube video popped up in my feed of them the other day.

It was a cctv at the counter in a gun store. A lady came in and put two cases on the counter.
    She said her husband had bought them and some other guns as an investment,
    and now she needed to sell them.

The first was a tricked out AR. She said her husband told her he'd paid $300. for it and she hoped to get $200.
    The store guy said, "No problem".

Then she opened a pistol case and laid out a real hot rod, race gun, semi-auto.
    She said her husband told her he'd paid $200. for it, and she was hoping to get about $100.

The gun store guy looked at it and said, "Ma'am,,,, that's a $1200. pistol".

She thought about it a few seconds and said,,,, "I'm going to kill him".
    I have yet to see a gun dealer give a reasonable price on any gun bought in for sale or trade.
    I have watched as a guy brought his deceased dads 335 Marlin in pristine condition into the store to sell.
    He asked the dealer the price, reply "We got a lot of those in stock right now $75 - take it or leave it, then the dealer walked to the back and in a few minutes brought out 2 priced at $100 each and said "this is what they are going for. "
    On the spot I said "I'll take both of them and put 2 C notes on the counter. The guy said i could his gun for $100 too. The dealer was livid, I got 3 marlins for $100 each, and when I got outside the shop i gave the guy another $250 for his dad's gun. Next time I went into that shop, the owner told me to leave.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast