Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Stevens Auction Pricing

Boolit Mold

Stevens Auction Pricing

I recently bid on a Stevens Model 44 1/2 in .22LR. It was a 7/10 in condition and looked pretty good in the photos with the only damage being light rust pitting and a hole where a sling swivel had been removed. The bore was good. The stock was kind of average but with checkering. The rifle went for more than I was willing to pay (which is an answer in itself). The fellow who won the auction paid $1000+$270 in fees and taxes. Any idea what is an average price for one? I am second guessing and wondering if I’m a too much of a cheap skate.

Can't be very precise, not being able to see the rifle myself, but that does look pretty steep for a .22LR example unless it was one of the premium models. Maybe with DST and the "new" style midrange tang sight and globe front.

If it were a centerfire in a desirable caliber such as .32-40 I'd have said it was reasonable.
    Cognitive Dissident

Not enough info on features and which model it is to say if it was fair price or not. A 44 1/2 always gets a pretty good premium over a similar Stevens 44 though.

Boolit Master
    I have a Stevens 44-1/2 in 22LR. It has a Lyman tang sight #103 which is adjustable for windage and elevation. When I showed it to anyone, and they saw it was not a 32-40 they lost interest. One man said, what a waste of a 44-1/2 action.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 10-16-2023 at 08:04 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I have a Stevens 44-1/2 in 22LR. It has a Lyman tang sight #103 which is adjustable for windage and elevation. When I showed it to anyone, and they saw it was not a 32-40 they lost interest. One man said, what a waste of a 44-1/2 action.
    Well 1/2 the people are below average in intelligence, that fellow is in that group to my way of thinking. I’d be tickled to have a 44 1/2 in .22. Likely to shoot it more than my 28-30.

Back to the original post, if the rifle was in nice shape $1000 plus seems to be the going rate from what have seen sell. Rough thing is anymore is a lot of guns are going for north of 1k. Maybe more of an affect of what our $ is worth than anything else. I go to a gunshow or auction and determine the only thing cheap is me. Lol.