Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F & M Reloading Equipment, Inc.

Boolit Man

F & M Reloading Equipment, Inc.

I place an order with this company over a month ago and still havn't received it. I know that Lee is backed up on orders but when I placed the order nothing came up as back ordered. Has anyone else had dealings with this company.

Thanks,

Alan

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I haven't ordered from them in awhile but when I have, it was all good.

Boolit Mold
    Thats what I thought too. Their website proceeds along with ordering with no mention of "Out of Stock". Then after you place the order, you get an email telling you it's backordered. My order is right at 2 weeks old. Midway has had this product come in since then and then sold out again. If I had waited and ordered from Midway, I'd have it by now.

Boolit Buddy
    I have ceased doing business with them completely. All though there prices are incredible their customer service and lag time are horrible. I canceled the first order I placed with them back in early 08 due to "Back ordered Items". I obviously learned nothing from it.

I placed this order on 11-17-08

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    90289 Lee 452-230-TC Six Cavity Commercial Quality Mold 1 $32.48 $32.48
    90256 Lee Double Cavity Mold .401 175 GR TC 1 $16.58 $16.58
    90374 Lee Double Cavity Mold .457 405GR FN 1 $16.58 $16.58
    40000 40/10mm 155 gr XTP 1 $16.99 $16.99
    90799 Lee Carbide Pistol Dies 40 Caliber S&W 1 $23.75 $23.75
    90056 Lee Lube & Size Kit .454 1 $11.75 $11.75
    2766470 Lyman Sizing Die .266 1 $15.99 $15.99
    2766502 Lyman Sizing Die .401 1 $15.99 $15.99
    tp460 Lyman Top Punch # 460 1 $6.49 $6.49
    tp641 Lyman Top Punch # 641 1 $6.49 $6.49
    tp649 Lyman Top Punch # 649 1 $6.49 $6.49
    7349052 Two-Step Neck-Expanding (M) Die 26 cal 1 $8.83 $8.83
    90362 Lee Double Cavity Mold .309 113GR FN 1 $16.58 $16.58
    Shipping: UPS: $10.35
    Sales Tax: $0.00
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total: $205.34
    I received no email about any back ordered items. After two unanswered emails as to the status of this order I called on The Wed before Thanksgiving.

At this point I was informed that they no longer carried Lyman products because their supplier had dropped Lyman. Strangely all the Lyman items were still listed on their website and available for order. They were waiting on " a few things to come in from Lee" should ship in 5 days or less.

I called again on the 5th of Dec and asked them to just ship whatever they had in stock and cancel the rest of the order and I would order from Midway. After some discussion I canceled the XTP's and picked them up locally after they offered to just have all the Lee items dropped shipped from Lee. Should be at my door in about 5 days. They would forward me the tracking number from Lee as soon as they got it.

I called Lee on the 12th to try to track the order and they said I would need to call F&M. Upon calling F&M they informed me Lee was approx 20 days behind. I should expect my stuff right after the 1st of Jan due to the holidays.(They charged my card on the 8th of Dec.)

I Gave up and bought a set of Hornady dies locally for the 40 on Jan 16th.

When I came home from work on Wed Jan 21st there was a box From Lee at my house. I never received a tracking number in my email.

Order placed 11/17/08 Arrived 01/21/09. Total elapsed time 65 days.

I will never order from them again. If I had not of initiated contact they would never have called me.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
    -James Madison, 3rd Congress 1794

"The 9mm may properly expand, but the 45 will never shrink"

Boolit Buddy

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan in WI View Post
    I place an order with this company over a month ago and still havn't received it. . . Has anyone else had dealings with this company.

Thanks,

Alan
    To quote Ted Knight in Caddyshack, they s-s-s-s-s-s-s-suck!

Had the exact same experience just about a year ago that you're having now. I called them up and was polite--at first. The dufus I talked to basically had a "who gives a damn?" attitude. Hem-hawed around about refunding me. Called the bank up (issuer of the credit card) and the bank simply enacted a chargeback on them. I got my money back; they got the shaft and the fee to go with it.

If they were the last gun-related shop left on the planet, I'd rather make nookie with Sarah Brady than deal with them.

Boolit Buddy
    Took 2 months to get my stuff. BUT, I would order again because their prices are good.

Boolit Master

All the above is right on the money. When you are a bottom dollar outfit, there's a reason. I will concede their prices are the best.

I agree their biggest problem is being all too willing to take your money without letting you know up front if something is out of stock. If you call the 800 number and ask, they'll tell you if it's in stock. If so, then and only then I will order it.

The last three times I called, the items in question were out of stock. So Midway or Midsouth got the order.

Boolit Grand Master
    My curiosity with F&M was piqued by the prices, and because of that I have purchased molds from them. I always employed the old caveat of " If it sounds to good to be true, it is"
    I would always call and see if it was in stock. If most of the items were, I would be order.
    They lost several orders from out-of-stock problems. Midway got them instead.

My take on F&M is that it is a small time proprietary type business with a limited stock.
    The draw for them is there low prices. Unfortunately, mediocre service goes along with it.
    The case histories on this thread in not helping them either.

The forums associated with the shooting community are such that bad news travels fast.

Shiloh

I ordered a mold took 63 days to get it .
    Ordered a bullet feed to try on a Loadmaster and it is getting around a month and
    nothing yet .
    If you want it fast they sure aint the place to get stuff from .

Even before all the panic buying they sucked .
    Thought I would give them a few chances .
    At least for me they have been terrible.

Bill

Darn... I should have read this thread before I ordered there. It was not even the price, but I needed a bullet feeder finger for my Lee loadmaster and it was sold out everywhere else.
    Good thing is that this "company" is right around the corner from here, so I may just stop by and say hello...

Tom

Boolit Buddy
    I have only ordered from them once. I didn't see anything for a month so I called and they said that their distributor wasn't selling the Lyman mold that I ordered anymore, I would think that I would get an email or something. I would love to order from some of the smaller dealers but I would think that if its in stock on their website it would be in fact in stock and if not some notification of the delay would be in order. I will stick to Midsouth and midway from now on.

Those guys are based about 12 miles from me. When I need something I go over there directly. Always good service face to face but never dealt with them online. Pick it up the same day if they have it. Cuts out shipping too.

Tom

Boolit Mold

F&M Reloading equipment

All I ever got from them was an email thanking me for my order and for my money. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to get an email response from them regarding the status of my order. Of course, no merchandise has been received from them. I will try to call them and see what excuse they offer. It would probably be a good idea to notify Lee in some official capacity to let them know that these folks (F&M) are definitely *not* the kind of outfit that Lee should want representing them as dealers.

Boolit Master
    F&M is a poor company and there are times when they have things in stock and people get what they ordered quickly.......................although in my case it ended with me a disgruntle customer due to their poor communication and them not having my order in stock even though they charged my card of course. I struggled like you to contact them and then when I did make contact (1 week later via phone) they told me they didn't have my order in stock and it would be another week or so; I told them to cancel my order.

IIRC, it's illegal for a company to charge your card and not ship your product. Check into it....
    Machinists do it with precision.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Anyone think certain companies ought to be listed in the Deadbeat area?
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    YES! I've often wondered about this myself, as to why there isn't a deadbeat company feedback listing. Might be a good idea to start one, I know of a few I'd put in there right now.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    Yes, and YES, YES!!!!

Good idea!!!!

I have bought almost all my reloading equipment from them and they have treated me great. BUT i also deal with them face to face. Call them they answer their phone and they are good people from my experiences. I believe they will take care of you and if they do not keep us informed.
    Remember the average response time of a 911 call is over 4 minutes. The average response time of a .357 is around 1300 F.P.S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast