Load DataSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is This the Beginning of the Battle of Gog and Magog?

Boolit Grand Master
    The temple isn't rebuilt yet.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Daniel 9:17 has Daniel praying to GOD for his peoples’ atonement, he mentions “Your … sanctuary”. I think that’s referring to the first Temple on the Mount (which was destroyed at that time.)
    So now, our God, listen to the prayer of Your servant and to his pleas, and for Your sake, Lord, let Your face shine on Your desolate sanctuary.
    Daniel 9:24 describes the end of our age.
    ”Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the wrongdoing, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for guilt, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy Place.
    Daniel 9:25 tells us Jarusalem will be rebuilt in times of distress. Perhaps this was 1948.
    So you are to know and understand that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, until Messiah the Prince, there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with streets and moat, even in times of distress.
    Daniel 9:26 mentions that the “city and the sanctuary” will be destroyed in the end times.
    Then after the sixty-two weeks, the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.
    Daniel 9:27 seems to be referring to the appearance & destruction of the Antichrist.
    And he will confirm a covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come the one who makes desolate, until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, gushes forth on the one who makes desolate.”
    So, I believe the third temple is in the Book of Daniel.

Note: NASB translations.
    Last edited by justindad; 10-20-2023 at 12:20 AM.

Boolit Master
    If you've the slightest open mind, check out James Tabor.

https://youtu.be/t3bqY7Z48So?si=sg98lghdp4WU0-im

Boolit Master
    Yes, do a search on James Tabor and understand what he believes and teaches, not someone I would put any trust in.

Tabor identifies as a liberal Christian and is known for his progressive views on issues such as gender equality and LGBTQ+ rights.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by ioon44 View Post
    Check out part 2 of my video about the third temple.
    I had a hard time understanding your Part 2 video and the main point thereof

So is it your position that there is no physical brick and mortar (3rd) Temple?
    And that the Temple referenced in end times prophecy is the physical body of the born again Christian (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)?

If I misinterpreted it please correct me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    I had a hard time understanding your Part 2 video and the main point thereof

So is it your position that there is no physical brick and mortar (3rd) Temple?

The need for a physical brick and mortar (3rd) Temple is not supported by scripture, but one could be built by the Anti-Christ.

And that the Temple referenced in end times prophecy is the physical body of the born again Christian (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)?

If I misinterpreted it please correct me.

Yes, that is what I understood form the research I did.

I also reserve the right to be wrong, we only see through the glass darkly.

That Christians comprise a temple doesn't mean there won't be one built by people of an anti-Christian religion so don't get all balled up over what the temple is. If you were the devil then who would you tap for the construction? Heh, and who would you tap for the funding?

Boolit Master
    Yes, do a search on James Tabor and understand what he believes and teaches, not someone I would put any trust in.

Tabor identifies as a liberal Christian and is known for his progressive views on issues such as gender equality and LGBTQ+ rights.
    You don't have to like Tabor to appreciate the way lays out the scriptures in historical context, especially when it comes to apocalyptic teaching. It's somewhat ironic to see how preachers to this day are still trying to make apocalyptic scripture apply to the things that are going on in our time, just as every generation before has. Even in Jesus day these apocalyptic scriptures where we'll known. Why do you think everyone was selling everything they had, and openly sharing with everyone? Is because they thought, "he's coming soon, why do I need all this worldly stuff?", that's why. If you are so sure now, why not do like our first century brothers and sell all you have? Why do you worry about politics, or your children's financial future, if you have faith your man (teacher, preacher) has it rite this time?
    Don't get me wrong! He's coming back. But these false interpretations didn't just start with Darby, was picked up by Schofield, and have permeated most protestant Christian teaching. No, these apocalyptic teachings have been going on for ever! The current interpretation of apocalyptic scriptures was never taught in the early church, and they certainly lived through some very dark days.
    I stated, if you're the last bit open minded, give Tabor a listen, if your 100% convinced that after these thousands of years you've got it rite, then don't. As far as someone's personal character, I wouldn't have to dig very far too find teachers of every faith who have committed grave sins. (We had a Baptist preacher here that was convicted of plotting to have his wife killed for another woman! Does that mean his teachings where flawed, or that he's fallible?)
    If anyone wants to hear a different view, backed up by scripture and put into historical context, check it out.

I'm not well read on this but couldn't Isreal just use the dome as the third temple? It's right there. That would get the gloves to come off.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Hi pmer.
    There are specified ceremonial, dimensional, architectural and orientation requirements for the temple building to satisfy.

About "Why now?"...

Entering into the third day during the fig tree generation is a one time deal.

Boolit Buddy

Yes, that is what I understood form the research I did.

I also reserve the right to be wrong, we only see through the glass darkly.
    After consideration of this theory.... I find it very thin.
    When a person is born again they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit... said differently, your body becomes the Temple for the Holy Spirit, that was the point of 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
    19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

One would have to believe that Satan evicts the Holy Spirit to take over the Temple or shares residence with the Holy Spirit to claim he is God... Both have a 0.0 chance of happening.

That being said... it is still interesting that that a 3 Temple is not spelled out in scripture.

And point of fact, even if the current day Jews were to build a 3rd Temple and started doing sacrifices... It would not be GOD's house (The Temple of GOD) anyway because as Christ said if you don't have the Son You don't have the Father. I think it is common knowledge that current day Judaism does not acknowledge Jesus is the Christ.

1 John 2:22-23
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

So maybe it is a counterfeit Christ setting himself as God in a counterfeit Temple

2 Thessalonians 2:4
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Fake God in a fake Temple may be the reason for no scriptural mention of an official 3rd Temple?

Thoughts?

If they want their temple and they want their coming false messiah then why shouldn't they get to enjoy them? Is that tough love? A mean thing to say? Or just the way it's gonna be?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    If they want their temple and they want their coming false messiah then why shouldn't they get to enjoy them? Is that tough love? A mean thing to say? Or just the way it's gonna be?
    Tough love...lol, If it not had been for Moses, GOD was going to show them some tough love

Exodus 32:9-10
    9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:
    10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    After consideration of this theory.... I find it very thin.
    When a person is born again they are indwelt with the Holy Spirit... said differently, your body becomes the Temple for the Holy Spirit, that was the point of 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
    19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
    20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

One would have to believe that Satan evicts the Holy Spirit to take over the Temple or shares residence with the Holy Spirit to claim he is God... Both have a 0.0 chance of happening.

That being said... it is still interesting that that a 3 Temple is not spelled out in scripture.

And point of fact, even if the current day Jews were to build a 3rd Temple and started doing sacrifices... It would not be GOD's house (The Temple of GOD) anyway because as Christ said if you don't have the Son You don't have the Father. I think it is common knowledge that current day Judaism does not acknowledge Jesus is the Christ.

1 John 2:22-23
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

So maybe it is a counterfeit Christ setting himself as God in a counterfeit Temple

2 Thessalonians 2:4
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Fake God in a fake Temple may be the reason for no scriptural mention of an official 3rd Temple?

Thoughts?
    I am not dogmatic about this teaching, not a hill I would die on.

"Satan evicts the Holy Spirit to take over the Temple" I also don't believe this can happen, but we can be tempted and oppressed.
    1 John 2:1
    King James Version
    2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

So if or when we sin, have we given Satan a place in the temple of the Holly Sprit and need to repent and ask for forgiveness so Satan will be cast out?

Jesus Christ defeated Satan on the cross 2000 years ago, so if Satan finds a place in the temple of the Holly Sprit it is because we have opened a door for him to enter.

Boolit Buddy

I am not dogmatic about this teaching, not a hill I would die on.

"Satan evicts the Holy Spirit to take over the Temple" I also don't believe this can happen, but we can be tempted and oppressed.
    1 John 2:1
    King James Version
    2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

So if or when we sin, have we given Satan a place in the temple of the Holly Sprit and need to repent and ask for forgiveness so Satan will be cast out? I would have to say no, I think Satan can trick us, influence us to do stupid stuff, sway us to covet or lust after things that we shouldn't but in no way can possess the body of a born again saved Christian that has been sealed until the day of redemption.

Jesus Christ defeated Satan on the cross 2000 years ago, so if Satan finds a place in the temple of the Holly Sprit it is because we have opened a door for him to enter.
    Matthew 24:24
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

When the Lord gives us the end times playbook in Matthew 24 he says "IF it were possible" that is to say, that it is NOT possible to deceive the very elect with his signs and wonders.

I think Satan fools folks in the minor day to day worldly stuff now but when it comes to the End Times big stuff, the Elect will roll their eyes and say "Come Lord Jesus"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    Could we be seeing the beginning of the battle predicted in the Bible?
    We may live to see that battle but this is not the time. It seldom gets mentioned but Psm. 83 clearly tells us of a Jewish war that begins and ends in Israel's total victory before the Tribulation begins but it IS quite possible that what we are seeing today is setting things up for that pretrib war.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    We may live to see that battle but this is not the time. It seldom gets mentioned but Psm. 83 clearly tells us of a Jewish war that begins and ends in Israel's total victory before the Tribulation begins but it IS quite possible that what we are seeing today is setting things up for that pretrib war.
    When you say that it is a Jewish war are you taking for granted that the Psalm 83 mention of Israel is specifically prophetic in calling out the name selected for the present day nation state?

Boolit Master
    https://youtu.be/q9IosIm7ZJ0?si=2xK3ixIpwzgOT0Kx

About Gog and Magog, if you care.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    https://youtu.be/q9IosIm7ZJ0?si=2xK3ixIpwzgOT0Kx

About Gog and Magog, if you care.
    Good morning Thundarstick. Listened with my coffee.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast